What's new

Led strips

Unless you;re after a load of these they are only cheap and surely a few could be imported with no customs??

EDIT - just seen the postage - Scrap that remark!!

Get them from any Chinese seller on ebay. 10 days delivery, no VAT, no crazy postal charges.

Not the answer your looking for but comet pinball's shipping to the UK is very reasonable when ordered direct from their website, just $14. I've used them 2 or 3 times. Always marks package as value $20 and no invoice included. Been lucky so far dodging import duty.

Sorry, I've no direct links to alternative suppliers but surely possible to get something from China? Hell, it's all made there anyway! And if it needs adapting from 12V to 6V or similar then it's just a case of changing a resistor. No, seriously, that simple - not like the infamous "probably just a fuse" on an eBay ad ;)

But thank you, because this got me to thinking about what to do with a roll and a half (about 7.5m) of analogue RGB LED strip. My son got some for Christmas and I fitted a couple of meters, and the controller, into his gaming PC which has a transparent side panel. This is a critical upgrade for every 10-year old gamer and the ability to remotely control the flash pattern and speed is vital to top gaming performance!

I've got a Raspberry Pi kicking about and I found this:

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/5231/controlling-a-12v-rgb-led-strip-with-the-gpio

So, it's totally possible to drive the colour-changing LED strip from the Pi - now I need to interface it to the pinball machine to somehow pick-up the in-game activity so it can change the colours in a sympathetic manner.

Back
Top Bottom