What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led strips advice

Carl85

Registered
Alias
Carl85
Hey guys, just looking for a bit of advice on wiring led strips. I bough a few small strips from pin centre. They were awful really, pretty bad quality. But they supplied alligator clips and also #44 with molex type connector to connect to the strip. Obviously I will solder these in to the GI but when I did so they did flicker quite a bit, when I used the #44 there was none. I guess it’s because there’s a diode in the #44. I am going to order some strips and just cut them to sizes needed and wire them neatly where I can. Should I wire in a diode or something between the strip and the GI. If so what’s the best thing to use?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different machines really. Wpc & wpc95. TZ, NGG, RS, HS2 at the moment [emoji106]

Okay - you need to disable the power saving in your menu for the GI.
Also those games have AC GI and those strips are DC.
I would run a seperate 5v DC supply to run the strips seperately.
They wont 'dim' like normal GI will (if you are using old fashioned non led lamps!)

Ok that’s great thanks. Probably the best idea then [emoji106]

@Carl85 - if there is no other way - buy 12v strips - cut them yourself (RGB ones) and take them off the 12v from say the opto boards under your game.

Uf you want purple wire the R and B together.

@Carl85 - if there is no other way - buy 12v strips - cut them yourself (RGB ones) and take them off the 12v from say the opto boards under your game.

Uf you want purple wire the R and B together.

That’s great mate, thanks for that. Sounds like a plan [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom