What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learn something new everyday

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Just realised that the horrible music in the Twilight Zone pinball is taken from Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" track, heard the track on the radio a couple of times recently before the coin dropped, track is actually better than the depressing keyboard take on the pin IMO, hate that rhythm guitar line also :).

Last edited:
One I only learnt last year was that Roller Games wasn't just a campy rip off of Rollerball but actually was a licenced theme from a crappy TV show

I only recently learned that on TAF, when the ball goes down the left inlane, Morticia is not actually saying "dumbass" but in fact "Gomez".

I still prefer, and use, my previous thinking.

Yup, first time I heard FOCUS on Creech when I drained I thought it said F**K IT, bit gutted when I realised there was no profanity, thought the machine was actually feeling my pain.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the music on TZ? In fact I think most of it is better than the stuff that Granner orignally wrote for the DCS board. Also although the sound effects are better and more detailed, the music on DCS games in general is so compressed that the Yamaha YM2151 does tend to sound better. Perhaps it's just the retro feel.

TZ isn't TZ without that pre-DCS audio. The music on games like IJ actually puts me off them.

Particularly like the 1 before multiball tune.
Yea totally agree with the TZ isn't TZ without pre-DCS audio. I've upgraded the speakers on many of my pins and they really help to make the Yamaha YM2151 used on pre-DCS pins sing. To be honest I was a bit disappointed when I did a couple of my DCS pins and didn't think it made much difference as the heavily compressed music just isn't good enough quality source material.

Back
Top Bottom