What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded LCD ColorDmd for x2 Pin2dmd? Feelers

Crewey

Site Supporter
Unlikely but thought I'd put the feelers out there just incase, I'll be receiving @Pick Holder DE Star Wars shortly and I'll want a colour display fitted.
The LCD ColorDmd I have in Tommy prevents the back-board swinging open without lifting the speaker panel out so I'd prefer something smaller in there too for convenience.

Not sure how much 2nd hand Pin2dmd go for either if 2 for 1 seems unreasonable.

Seems very reasonable. Colordmds are circa £500 and still fetch good money secondhand. Pin2dmd not so much, they can be had for half that price new. I’d value your colordmd at around £350 and second hand pin2dmds £100-£150.

Just received 2 ready programmed new pin2dmd from our friendly Australian on here. Less than £160 each. You may get close to £320 for an original colordmd so maybe go that route ?

Just received 2 ready programmed new pin2dmd from our friendly Australian on here. Less than £160 each. You may get close to £320 for an original colordmd so maybe go that route ?
Activated and with colour file? It cost me another 50 quid recently and the licence is non transferable if you sell supposedly.

The ColorDMD LED version is smaller and doesn’t interfere with the light board.

I had Pin2dmd running in Star Wars - on the whole it looked decent but had some glitching . Also had an annoying issue in that if you went into the menus/diagnostics it would just be blank , displaying nothing. You had to temporarily remove the SD card to see the menus.

I know others had this issue so it wasn’t just mine.

There may be updated files now. This was about 3 years ago.

a lcd colour dmd wont fit in a data east star wars without cuting to the plastic dmd panel and taking the studs out not that easy

a lcd colour dmd wont fit in a data east star wars without cuting to the plastic dmd panel and taking the studs out not that easy

I have an LCD colordmd in Tommy, I am looking to trade that for 2 Pin2Dmd's. One for Tommy and one for Star Wars, no LCD colordmd is going near Star Wars. Thanks

The ColorDMD LED version is smaller and doesn’t interfere with the light board.

100% this is the way to go. The LED version is great in SWDE and none of the LCD size issues. If I did it all again I'd also use the LED version in BSD and STTNG.

I’d be interested in your lcd dmd for Tommy if you wanted to sell?
I’m not to keen on the led ones myself

I’d be interested in your lcd dmd for Tommy if you wanted to sell?
I’m not to keen on the led ones myself
If you want to work out a deal with Steve for his 2 new Pin2dmd I'll 100% trade with you for my Tommy LCD ColorDmd.

If you want to work out a deal with Steve for his 2 new Pin2dmd I'll 100% trade with you for my Tommy LCD ColorDmd.
Think that’s a bit long winded for me tbh as I may end up doing a deal for 2 DMD’s I don’t want if you changed your mind. I recently brought a Tommy so would possibly be interested in a straight sale if you wished to sell it? You could have my standard one until you source a pin2dmd?

Think I misinterpreted what Steve was saying tbf, 🤣 will have to go to the source to get them I think.
Please can you pm what you're thinking you'd pay mate @Andy.S and we'll see 👍

Back
Top Bottom