What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawn aerator

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Anyone got these? Any good or do you just look like a stupid twat walking awkwardly around your garden?

IMG_9044.jpeg

I’ve got a set and I wouldn’t recommend them for the reasons of when the soil is damp you can end up with big clumps of soil stuck in between the spikes.
Also the straps are not that great and come loose easily. My dad has some as well and glued some old shoes to the top of them to get around this problem 😂.

I use a garden fork instead now, it takes a bit longer and is harder going, but I feel gets better results.

I use a rolling lawn aerator, both manual and electric.

Easier to use and much quicker than other options IMO.

I’ve got a set and I wouldn’t recommend them for the reasons of when the soil is damp you can end up with big clumps of soil stuck in between the spikes.
Also the straps are not that great and come loose easily. My dad has some as well and glued some old shoes to the top of them to get around this problem 😂.

I use a garden fork instead now, it takes a bit longer and is harder going, but I feel gets better results.
Exactly my experience, too. Plus as our soil is *really* clayey, it is hard work to pull them out of the ground.

Back
Top Bottom