What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane guides

SteveB-TftC

Registered
I’m refurbing a tales from the crypt and am looking for new ball return lane guides, the are discoloured from heat, the lower sections more so, but I can only find 1 section when trying to purchase replacements! Anyone have any ideas….
I found 3 different part numbers too - 03-9216-13, 550-5037, 550-5037-01

03-9216-13 is a williams lane guide not data east so not for TFTC. 550-5037 -01 is the correct part for the right lane guide for TFTC and the 01 just denotes that it is clear (02 is red, 04 is green and 07 is orange, etc.) so 550-5037 is the same part but just doesn't specify the colour. Manual shows you also need 550-5046-01 which piggybacks the right lane guide and 550-5043-01 which is the left lane guide. I recall that the first 3 digits of Data East art numbers denote the material it is made out of and "550" denotes that it is made of plastic. Quick search online and only one I could find in stock anywhere was 550-5037-01

Maybe you can also modify a 5037 into a 5043, so you would then need 3x 5037s which are available and a dremel. I can't tell as I don't have the parts in front of me.

03-9216-13 is a williams lane guide not data east so not for TFTC. 550-5037 -01 is the correct part for the right lane guide for TFTC and the 01 just denotes that it is clear (02 is red, 04 is green and 07 is orange, etc.) so 550-5037 is the same part but just doesn't specify the colour. Manual shows you also need 550-5046-01 which piggybacks the right lane guide and 550-5043-01 which is the left lane guide. I recall that the first 3 digits of Data East art numbers denote the material it is made out of and "550" denotes that it is made of plastic. Quick search online and only one I could find in stock anywhere was 550-5037-01
Wow, you know your stuff!
Where exactly in the manual did you see that reference to the part numbers?
And yes… me too! I’m hoping the in stock piece is the double sided lower section as this is in most need or replacing. It’s on order, we shall see. Many thanks for the most informative of answers.

Wow, you know your stuff!
Where exactly in the manual did you see that reference to the part numbers?
And yes… me too! I’m hoping the in stock piece is the double sided lower section as this is in most need or replacing. It’s on order, we shall see. Many thanks for the most informative of answers.
Top of Page 38, No 3a 3b and 4.

Its the sadness of a 20 year obsession of collecting having owned 40ish pins mainly 1990s and still have 4 DE in collection (TFTC, LAH, JP and R&Bullwinkle) all of which I personally did a full nut and bolt refurbishment.

Glad to be able to help.

Top of Page 38, No 3a 3b and 4.

Its the sadness of a 20 year obsession of collecting having owned 40ish pins mainly 1990s and still have 4 DE in collection (TFTC, LAH, JP and R&Bullwinkle) all of which I personally did a full nut and bolt refurbishment.

Glad to be able to help.
Definitely not a sadness, more a great happiness… every time I walk into the backroom and stare at my first pinball machin. Of which I’m sure will not be the last. Im hoping to get her up and running for Christmas, depends on getting the chrome back… so I’m not holding my breath, but am keeping my fingers crossed.
I honestly cannot remember the last time i played a pinball machine!
I might msg you at some point with a query or 2 on the rebiuld if that’s ok…?

No problem messaging, but you would be well placed to post on these forums any questions as you will then get the benefit of everybody's knowledge.

Main thing to watch out for when refurbishing a Data East is to be really careful with moving the playfield to upright position as can they easily twist and slip off the rails and can fall on the flipper board/s in the lower cabinet. Take care!

I can't do any pics at the moment as my TFTC is tomb-stoned and fully bubble and shrink wrapped and boxed to prevent any damage, but am sure others will be able to help.

If you need parts, ask as I have a load of Sega/Data East parts too.

And welcome to the madness.

Paul

No problem messaging, but you would be well placed to post on these forums any questions as you will then get the benefit of everybody's knowledge.

Main thing to watch out for when refurbishing a Data East is to be really careful with moving the playfield to upright position as can they easily twist and slip off the rails and can fall on the flipper board/s in the lower cabinet. Take care!

I can't do any pics at the moment as my TFTC is tomb-stoned and fully bubble and shrink wrapped and boxed to prevent any damage, but am sure others will be able to help.

If you need parts, ask as I have a load of Sega/Data East parts too.

And welcome to the madness.

Paul

Funny you should say that, I attempted the vertical lean a few days ago… it all went well, had to replace a couple of posts.
thanks for the advice, I will be even more careful next time.
I hopefully have all the parts i need, awaiting delivery as we speak, if I find I’m missing anything I’ll give you shout, much appreciated
thanks Paul.

All the best

Steve

Back
Top Bottom