What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lamp Matrix issue

Julian

Site Supporter
I hate matrix issues I never have any luck (idea) on how to fix them.

So I have a BSD and the 'R. Ramp 2 Million' lamp is lit when any of the others are also on in the same row, most of the lights if not all are boards so the diodes are on PCBs is there an easy why to try and diagnose what and where the issue is?

1568028464769.png

I did try a multi meter on the power board pinouts but I guess I need to use a probe, so another question is; (as I have a probe) how do I use it and check the power boards pins to see if its a cabling or power board issue?

Have you tried replacing the diode on the R. Ramp 2 Million lamp itself?

Ok so I ended up popping a power board to fault find another issue and the lamp matrix issue was no more, so deffo a power driver board issue and no doubt a transistor.

Who is the best person to send boards back to for a repair/refurb?

Ok so I ended up popping a power board to fault find another issue and the lamp matrix issue was no more, so deffo a power driver board issue and no doubt a transistor.

Who is the best person to send boards back to for a repair/refurb?

Probably Pinball Mania (from my limited but positive experience)

Back
Top Bottom