What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Knackered TAF £2500 as is or £3500 working

Looks like this is going to be going on eBay....

Probably make 4k on eBay! Would love a go but in reality the spend needed on top of the 3k would probably take it to the value of a decent working example! Never mind the time involved.

A mate of mine bagged one on ebay with a new playfied for 4,4k, but 2 years ago

I don't want to insult an expert like @philpalmer , but I think that adding "used to work" to the description would be particularly helpful info for any potential eBay buyer.

This looks like a job for Retro Refurbs.

I could definitely take that thing from junker to high end but at £3k it's a bit out of reach.

How would you address the fact the loom has been chopped? Thats a red line for me in terms of "high end restorations"....

Which is why I bought this second taf just to swap the f ing loom off it!!!!!!

Now thats quality!

Oh I can't reveal magic secrets like that, but it's possible :p

That must have been a lot of work swapping the loom. Hats off to you sir.

So what's the craic, is it getting broken up? Dumped on eBay? Or price reduced?

Oh I can't reveal magic secrets like that, but it's possible :p
No, it really isnt. You cannot ever get it to not be a repaired loom.

That must have been a lot of work swapping the loom. Hats off to you sir.
20 mins work.
So what's the craic, is it getting broken up? Dumped on eBay? Or price reduced?
Will probably put some working boards in it and put on ebay....

Here is how I see the loom repaired from hardest to easiest

1 trace each wire and replace it one at a time (ouch!)

2 use molex male and female plugs (viable)

3 Hard solder the wires and use heatshrink tubing, use a longer piece of the black tubing to cover it!

I would take this on, Phil is not ripping anyone off here, probably just looking to recoup some of his outlay buying the 2 pins.

Ronnie

Edit I have a set of boards but wpc89 of the top of my head not sure if same!

Edit I have a set of boards but wpc89 of the top of my head not sure if same!
The new pcb for Addams was the original FlipTronic board (its only use), though there's also a small pcb top right in the back box for AIR "extra flipper power supply"

As to the wire harness, maybe some colour-coding fan could use single colour wiring throughout, as suggested in another strand recently

I will let this go for £2500 - MINUS the CPU/DMD and I'll swap coin door for 3 slot mechanical door

Or I'll get it working with a new set of boards from another taf for £3500....

Back
Top Bottom