What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping 20 Year Old Cars Alive - Brilliant German Supplier

DRD

Registered
I bought my 1999 volvo v70 estate for £300 in 2012 with 115k miles. It was the pool car at my office and was well maintained and we all used it at weekends for shifting stuff around.

The idea was to use it for building materials/ tip runs/ pinball machines until it died and that would be that.

But it has kept going and I have developed a respect for the thing.

UK guys have told me that certain parts are no longer available for it. For example exhaust systems.

It needed a new master cylinder for the brakes. Volvo does not stock this and offered to get it remanufactured - a process that would take 4 months ! and cost £250.

GSF in the UK wanted £95 for it and there was one option.

Autodoc in Germany had a choice of 6 brake cylinder options starting at £45. I also ordered brake pads and discs at massive discounts to UK prices. Postage below £10 for the lot and it probably weighed 20kg. Free returns for 200 days by paying £4 up front. Delivery took 7 calendar days.

Similar experience with my 94 Merc SL, I bought a new AC condesnser at a massive discount to UK prices.

It is not only cheaper, there is far more choice and it stocks parts you cannot buy in the UK and hitherto meant a trip to a scrapyard.

It is worth a look if you are keeping older cars alive.

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/?brnd=1&gcl...VGHil0XSe6q99660zt50vXRHN9cqQcsBoCC7kQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
I bought my 1999 volvo v70 estate for £300 in 2012 with 115k miles. It was the pool car at my office and was well maintained and we all used it at weekends for shifting stuff around.

The idea was to use it for building materials/ tip runs/ pinball machines until it died and that would be that.

But it has kept going and I have developed a respect for the thing.

UK guys have told me that certain parts are no longer available for it. For example exhaust systems.

It needed a new master cylinder for the brakes. Volvo does not stock this and offered to get it remanufactured - a process that would take 4 months ! and cost £250.

GSF in the UK wanted £95 for it and there was one option.

Autodoc in Germany had a choice of 6 brake cylinder options starting at £45. I also ordered brake pads and discs at massive discounts to UK prices. Postage below £10 for the lot and it probably weighed 20kg. Free returns for 200 days by paying £4 up front. Delivery took 7 calendar days.

Similar experience with my 94 Merc SL, I bought a new AC condesnser at a massive discount to UK prices.

It is not only cheaper, there is far more choice and it stocks parts you cannot buy in the UK and hitherto meant a trip to a scrapyard.

It is worth a look if you are keeping older cars alive.

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/?brnd=1&gcl...VGHil0XSe6q99660zt50vXRHN9cqQcsBoCC7kQAvD_BwE
Excellent. Great find. I have new brake discs and pads to fit on my Mini Cooper s 2005. Great range of parts. Will definitely be using

Well, that was seriously fun! 'Dangerous' site on the bank balance ha ha :) I've got all sorts of new bit and pieces fro my loved mini cooper s! £200 spent with free delivery and would have cost double here or even more probably. Thanks again for the heads up 👍 Expecting a big box to which is also a good day!!

Reactions: DRD
Bought a few bits of auto doc before, their videos are also good if you need to work out how to do something you haven’t tried before etc

Back
Top Bottom