What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Jun 14, 2014] Special When Lit Social Meet & 5th League Meet (Salisbury)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The next Special When Lit Social Meet will be on Saturday 14th June.

Special When Lit will be open from 1pm and all machines will be available for freeplay and league practice. The league competition will start at 2.30 pm. Everyone can play until the league starts at 2.30 pm, anyone not wishing to play in the league can use the remaining tables whilst the league plays on a randomly selected 6. The league games will probably finish around 5pm and we normally shut around 6pm. Games change on an ad hoc basis and are subject to serviceability and change.

We hope to have the following machines available to play:
Attack From Mars
Cactus Canyon Continued
Circus Voltaire
Class of 1812
Fire Mountain
Genesis
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Monster Bash
No Fear
Pink Panther
Spirit
Terminator 2
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre of Magic
Tron: Legacy
Twilight Zone (third magnet installed)
Whitewater
World Challenge Soccer
X-Men Pro

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury, SP2 7NS.

The usual admission fees apply (£5 adults, £3 for children aged 14 and younger when accompanied by an adult, free for under 8's) and all machines are on freeplay.

We normally provide a slection of nibbles, tea, coffee and water free of charge. Any items from the fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolates (nothing cost more than 55p).

Last edited:
Lastest update with 2 days to go.

JM arrives back today and RS is being collected. No idea if JM will be competition ready.

We have also got in some cans of Monster. They will go in the fidge and I'm certain that they'll cost more than 55p, how much more I've no idea yet!

For many it may be the last chance to play Monster Bash and Class of 1812 at Special When Lit before they are moved to other locations and made ready for other competitions!

Oh and for those who feel like a challenge... AFM has a new GC score 18.8 Billion... :D

Looking forward to putting a few games on the classics Pink Panther, Spirit and Fire Mountain, but also itching to get back on TRON, one of very few modern games I really like (Star Trek reboot and WOZ being the others).

And finally I get to collect my first place prize from the Christmas raffle ;)

A quick note to say that I'm going to leave JM folded and put the second Spirit in the place of Roadshow. This will not be switched on as it is for a customer and I want it to remain in one piece before handing it over! :oops:

Thanks Peter & Moira.....we had a lot of fun today....perfect hosts as always, great company & great machines. Now to try and stay awake for the football......keep the tumbler running...really looking forward to Haunted House!
Ivan/Elliott

Lovely afternoon, thanks Peter/@Moonraker. And thanks for switching on your Spirit for a while. It really is a great game, so many shots and those wacky little extra flippers on the outlanes are bonkers. Fire Mountain was playing really nicely today too, think I got a personal best on both machines. Shame TRON wasn't being as cooperative. I also rather liked the look of that Bell Games Space Hawks lurking quietly in the corner ;)

Thanks Chaps :cool:

A completed Haunted House is still a long way off (year plus?) as there are still two playfields to be repaired, painted and clearcoated.

Indeed, Spirit is truly a great game which is why I own one! :D

Ah yes Tron. I cleaned it before the start (it was very dirty, honest) and it made the game extremely fast and very un-cooperative (as you put it) for most people at the meet...! :rolleyes:

A Space Hawks return has been planned for a while... It's awaiting repining of it's connectors.

Another excellent meet at the mighty Special When Lit!
The competition machines (especially Tron and T2) were playing pretty mean for our group. Thank you for the nibbles to eat too! The hospitality you get at SWL is second to none, great people, great food and the comfiest seats to relax in :)

I will add to the list of people looking forward to Haunted House...

A huge thank you to everyone who showed up to support the meet, it is much appreciated. :D

Congratulations to young Elliott Miles on his maiden league win. :clap: It's nice to step out of your father's shadow every now and again... :thumbs:

Here are the results.

1 Elliott Miles
2 Peter Blakemore
3 Greg Mott
4 Ivan Miles
5 Andrew Wilson
6 David Mainwaring
7 Helmut Langenbruch
8 Dave Willcox
9 Andrew Shillabeer
10 Levi Banks
11 Ashley Oliver