What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judge dredd trough switch error?

Punk Stig

Registered
So, I have a check switch error which is in the ball trough, when I go into switch test diagnostics it registers as open/closed as in working when moving the balls about, yet the error is still there afterwards and a credit dot shows, any ideas?
Also the big loop switch (for the big loop and skill shot) registers on its own during play, any ideas if this is on the opto switch at the start of the loop or the rollover switch at the back (it's awkward to get the glass off and get inside as I'm on a canal boat so was just generally asking before I get in there to look properly!)

Hi,

Judge Dredd is a game which is prone to false reports/dot about the outhole trough. It's often simply due to the trough not having been empty recently, i.e. during the 6-ball multiball available during 'Super Game'. If each of the switches in the trough registers [A]/Open when a ball is present and Closed when vacant, then the false report may have struck again. Popeye is another game that gets this problem.

With the other problem, try putting the game into the 'Single Switch' test mode, then scroll through the switch matrix (using +/-) to find each of the two suspects. On each in turn, set up some vibration, using the flippers, and see which (if either) changes state while doing so. Remember that the opto switch will be Active Open, so the receiver going 'dark' for any reason (not just a ball blocking the pathway) will register as a switch activation.

Thanks jay- is there any way of clearing the false report (I've played Supergame in order to empty the trough for this purpose) as I believe this causes an issue with the deadworld mod (I've had to put the standard rom back in when multiball failed)

Good thinking about the switch test with vibrations I shall give that a go!

I've not ever tackled a game with the deadworld kit on, but I'd try taking all the balls out, bringing the game out of test, then dropping them back into the outhole.

Does the deadworld hold any balls on it after a game is over? Even if it does/did, I can't think of how it would keep track of any locks when turned off - I'd expect it to remove them when it's powered up again, like Stern's Flight 2000.

Re- deadworld, after my initial fitting a while ago I discovered on the www it's notorious for not working properly with switch problems on crane outsole and also trough switches, after re aligning the crane and deadworld though I've not refitted the rom

Looks like I have a couple of problems, left loop switch doesn't seem to be working, or is intermittent, as with right going off on its own, bizarrely enough though the credit dot has gone and no error on trough switch, pinball eh!

Back
Top Bottom