What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JP2 the pin

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
corss posting from the other thread;

That looks great! I know it'll have simple code but would rather have this than 99% of Bally/Williams games. Don't @ me etc

Also. The pin dorks among us are 100% going to be calling this JP4. Big shame Stern don't/can't bang these out at like 4k. Would be a genuinely good proposition for some.

A Pinball Adventure 65 Million Years in the Making

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

For the 3rd pre-Christmas season in a row, Stern Pinball is introducing a new The Pin™. We will soon begin manufacturing Jurassic Park Pin, based on the great Jurassic Park series of movies and on our cornerstone Jurassic Park pinball machines. You will now have 3 models of The Pin™ for your customers – Jurassic Park Pin, Star Wars Comic Art Pin, and Star Wars Original Pin.

The Jurassic Park Pin is the first game Jack Danger has designed. This game is not just a re-arted version of the Star Wars Pins; Jack has created a new game with a completely new playfield design. Real pinball play is provided with ball spitting T-Rex, Raptor pit, drop targets, metal and wire ramps, a control orbit gate, ball shooter and auto launch, Newton and captive ball, 2 ricochet target shots, escape Nublar & restore power Wizard modes, 3 different multiballs, CHAOS and DNA spell outs, and the popular John Williams Jurassic Park music.

Like our other 2 The Pin™ models, the Jurassic Park Pin is an affordable real pinball machine for the home. All The Pin™ games have a smaller footprint than our commercial pinball machines, yet they have full size playfields. Each utilizes our commercial game playfield parts, all LED lighting, LCD display, and Spike electronics. The Pin™ is manufactured with easy to set up folding backbox. A blank access door is provided for easy system adjustments. No coin op code or wiring is included. The Pin™ is not for commercial use. It is an affordable real pinball machine for the home.

When I wrote and did webinars about Godzilla, I told you that because of supply chain failures, freight disruptions, price increases, and rising labor costs, we increased the wholesale price for The Pin by $300. To create adequate margin, we increased the UMRP, MAP and MSRP more. The US MSRP is $4,599.

The Pin™ is a tool for you to acquire new customers and broaden the home segment of the pinball market, vs the enthusiast/collector and operator markets. We will utilize our strong Jurassic Park licensing partner and our marketing engines (more than 625,000 Facebook followers plus Twitter and Instagram) to drive this market.

Production of all The Pin™ models is scheduled for November. We will be working to fill existing orders for the 2 Star Wars Pin models. We will be asking for your Jurassic Park Pin orders.

Looks like the best of their pin machines so far. Not sure why they have to skimp on the screen though, aren't the normal ones they use dirt cheap anyway? About $30?

Does anyone know about this (and other home pins) and fancy popping on the podcast please?

Stern's price for this is $4,599

Shouldn't that equate around about the same in pounds (depending on exchange rate of course)?

Well pros are $6k are they? And that strangely translates to £7100 here.

Edit....a pro is $6800 so the pin should be about £5k?

Last edited:
I love the way the advertising shows a family all gathered round playing it, like it is a couple of hundred dollars and you can buy it at Walmart.

It looks cool, but I think they are completely missing any market with the price.

Does anyone know about this (and other home pins) and fancy popping on the podcast please?
There's a french chap on Instagram called Paris pinball addict who has the star wars one and loves it. He speaks perfect English and you could get the podcast international 😁

I have to say, I love the shooter rods on this one and the Star Wars one. They look very cool.

Someone on the forum definitely had a Star Wars the pin and said it was fun to shoot. Needs to be £4000 tops- This game looks more fun though, would be interested if you could have different code versions for casual and better players. Saw a SW the pin get beaten very quick on Dead Flip

There's a french chap on Instagram called Paris pinball addict who has the star wars one and loves it. He speaks perfect English and you could get the podcast international 😁

Merci 😉

Looks great to be fair, Jack Danger designed the best home pin yet!

Motorised Trex which the pro didn’t even get. And it’s using the LE and Prem art :rofl:

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are only a few inches smaller around.
Does look fun to shoot. The t rex is simple but really effective. Jump ramp is fun looking too.

Here's a question. What would be the ideal price in pounds for this to be a worthwhile purchase? I reckon £3.5k is bang on the button

the Star Wars pin was pretty decent and better than the Star Wars game, Jack probably played more hours of pinball than most of us so expect this to be decent.

Stern's price for this is $4,599

Shouldn't that equate around about the same in pounds (depending on exchange rate of course)?
At current exchange rate roughly £3300

Attachments

• 1F693758-8B02-473A-924F-95C8AB5CC37A.jpeg
    1F693758-8B02-473A-924F-95C8AB5CC37A.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom