What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! JP2 (Prem/LE/Pro)

VeeMonroe

Registered
Okay, I'm looking for a JP2 (Prem/LE/Pro).

Someone must be planning to sell one at some point to make room for a Foo Fighters/Pulp Fiction/Godfather/Scooby/Ice-Cream-Cow-Tank-On-Wheels Game.

I'm not impatient (I've been wanting one of these for ~18 months now), so free to DM if you're thinking of selling but want to wait until your new pin arrives.

Last edited:
Advert changed to look primarily for a Prem/LE. I’m also open to a Pro if it’s significantly cheaper than NIB.

Last edited:
Can I jump in and say I'll take a pro too if its significantly cheaper than nib 🤣
I don’t think it’s a silly comment :oops: NIB from Phil has a two-year warranty and (hopefully) only one round of transit damage.

There was a Stern production backlog, but that’s now gone, so I could expect a new Pro by October. It’s not clear what you get, except speed, on a second-hand Pro that’s almost the same price 🤷

Depends what value you put on the word 'significant' I guess... If its same as I have in my head then I reckon everyone on the forum is looking for the same..

Depends what value you put on the word 'significant' I guess... If its same as I have in my head then I reckon everyone on the forum is looking for the same..
Given current insane prices, I was expecting to pay £5.5-6.5k for a Pro (turns out slightly more, but certainly not >£7k+!) and £8-9k for a Prem. I’d be happy with a LE if it was less than the price of a NIB Prem.

Those prices are approximately what numerous other people have recommended/suggested on the grounds that JP2 was released three years ago and shouldn’t be commanding the same prices as a new pin.

I’m talking to someone about buying a second-hand Pro now but, if anyone has a Prem/LE they’re looking to move on, even if it’s in a few months (maybe when BTTF is released!), I have a six-year-old boy who would be very very VERY grateful. I’d prefer a Prem, but would be happy with a Pro (and my husband would be happier too as he doesn’t want a seventh pin, never mind a top-end one).

Last edited:
I sold my Le fully loaded with stern topper for £11500 last month
Yep, I saw that when I was searching-up prices. It’s still cheaper than a new Prem because, folks, that’s where we are with Brexit and pinball pricing…

Last edited:
Still looking for a JP2 Prem for £8-9k at current going rates, or an LE for more.

Happy to consider a JP2 Prem for >£9k if it has the $749 topper with the GOAT MANIA code.

Have you had any offers of a premium of at premium at all, and have they been in the range you are looking for?

Have you had any offers of a premium of at premium at all, and have they been in the range you are looking for?
I was offered a four/five-year-old Prem at £10k.

Given the difficulty Fran has had selling her A:IQ :( and the Mando, etc. sitting around unsold currently at just over £9k, I wouldn't feel justified paying more than £9k for HUO. Possibly more if it's got the official topper.

An LE went for £11,250 recently but, sadly, I wasn't looking at the time.

I was offered a four/five-year-old Prem at £10k.

Given the difficulty Fran has had selling her A:IQ :( and the Mando, etc. sitting around unsold currently at just over £9k, I wouldn't feel justified paying more than £9k for HUO. Possibly more if it's got the official topper.

An LE went for £11,250 recently but, sadly, I wasn't looking at the time.

Fair enough if you don’t feel justified, you can choose what your limit is of course.

But comparing it to other machines and prices based on age is perhaps naive. As you always like to reference, the pinside top100 currently has AiQ at 20 and Mando at 39. JP2 is at 3. I think it’s clear now that JP2 is going to stand the test of time and is an absolute stone cold classic. And for another reference point, I saw on pinside this week, a seller listing his AiQ LE for $11k and his JP2 LE for $15k.

JP2 is just a way better game in the opinion of the majority of people, which will inevitably be reflected in the price, especially when it stops getting made

With the pricing of the used machines, it is still very dependant on the popularity of the title though. Just because one model Premium doesn't sell at a certain price point doesn't mean others wouldn't. I'm sure if an immaculate STh or DP premium came up for £8950 it would be snapped up, where something like a TMNT or BK:SOR maybe wouldn't

Fair enough if you don’t feel justified, you can choose what your limit is of course.

But comparing it to other machines and prices based on age is perhaps naive. As you always like to reference, the pinside top100 currently has AiQ at 20 and Mando at 39. JP2 is at 3. I think it’s clear now that JP2 is going to stand the test of time and is an absolute stone cold classic. And for another reference point, I saw on pinside this week, a seller listing his AiQ LE for $11k and his JP2 LE for $15k.

JP2 is just a way better game in the opinion of the majority of people, which will inevitably be reflected in the price, especially when it stops getting made
The issue is that a new JP2 Prem is ~£11.6k and I‘m being offered a second-hand one with five years’ wear for £10k firm. £1.6k is a large amount of money, but not compared to the price of a NIB Stern.

Therefore, given I’m not in a rush, it’s not clear why I’d pay that much for a second-hand pin when I can put down a deposit with Phil tomorrow for a new one with a warranty. That’s especially the case when there are loads of them around, there’s just not one available for sale right now and - obviously - if you have to sell, you are going to drop the price until you get a sale. Whereas, if I’m asking for one that someone isn’t keen to sell, I’m going to be paying a price premium (the problem with Wanted ads).

I understand why prices were so high during the pandemic, when there was a real scarcity of pins and Stern was taking years to manufacture stuff, but it’s obvious prices are falling right now and I don’t want to get stung. Regardless of how desirable (or otherwise), A:IQ and Mando are compared to JP2, those pins would have commanded nearly-new prices a few months ago and sold within hours.

The market in the UK is not comparable to the States. We have smaller houses (and Brexit).

Anyway, I’m looking for one and am keen to hear from anyone who has one, or sees one for sale (e.g. Gumtree). But I’m not desperate enough to pay over the odds to prise off one that’s bolted to the floor :)

Craigs right, I had a aiq I couldn’t get on with it . I’ve now got a jp premium and what a game it is … great choice good luck with your search veemonroe!

I bought a super loaded JP Pro a couple of years ago for about 6k, maybe a little less.
Hated the game with a vengeance (another convo altogether) so after loading it up with a few of my own mods moved it on a few month later and got 6k.
Guy loved it, best game ever but like all things Space/money it was traded on.
That JP albeit an original pro never flinched and played without issues and has now changed hands quite a few times.
What is it worth now is for the new owner to decide but for me I always see it at 6k and wouldn’t even pay that.
However only a few month ago my mate acquired one a nice one and it was valued at 7k in a trade so that’s where he sees it down the line in a trade/sale.
Unlike any other hobby it seems pins don’t devalue with age if kept well maintained and looked after and the old adage Market will Decide is where the real values lie.
7k for a nice loaded pro with many extras or 8.6 for a basic NIB with warranty I know where I’d be as shakers, blades ect. ect. soon mount up.

I’ve had a ton of NIB pins 3 of which over the years have came damaged where none of my used pinfo ones have ever.
As for 2yr warranty I’ve never had to use it and Sterns are pretty much bomb proof once NIB issues have been addressed.

Myself personally I always wanted a premium but I too couldn’t get one so I bought a pro as a stop gap worked great nothing wrong with a pro , for me the premium was the cherry on top of the cake for a very very good game so don’t disregard a pro until your able to find a premium

Myself personally I always wanted a premium but I too couldn’t get one so I bought a pro as a stop gap worked great nothing wrong with a pro , for me the premium was the cherry on top of the cake for a very very good game so don’t disregard a pro until your able to find a premium
I kinda thought about that, and was looking at Chaggers’ pro, but - when I told my older son we might be getting a Pro - he was mortified. He desperately wanted the moving T-Rex head!

I couldn’t face the disappointed six year old…

I kinda thought about that, and was looking at Chaggers’ pro, but - when I told my older son we might be getting a Pro - he was mortified. He desperately wanted the moving T-Rex head!

I couldn’t face the disappointed six year old…

There are Pro's out there with the moving t-rex head mod!

Defo hold out for a Premium if yourself (and family) have your heart set on it- took a while to get a MET Prem (and cost significantly more than the pro I started off with (not worth it for most people, I know), but peace of mind is priceless (within reason!...)

Personally, owning a lovely JP pro left me cold (think I just went right off of dinos years ago), but has grown on me a bit at tourneys.
If ever had one again, defo would go for a pro with tower mod and moving t-rex over a prem. T-rex grabbing the ball and raptor pen would then be the only significant differences?
As per my first para above though; if you love the game, I understand going the extra mile for a prem might bring you a lot of joy 😊

Defo hold out for a Premium if yourself (and family) have your heart set on it- took a while to get a MET Prem (and cost significantly more than the pro I started off with (not worth it for most people, I know), but peace of mind is priceless (within reason!...)

Personally, owning a lovely JP pro left me cold (think I just went right off of dinos years ago), but has grown on me a bit at tourneys.
If ever had one again, defo would go for a pro with tower mod and moving t-rex over a prem. T-rex grabbing the ball and raptor pen would then be the only significant differences?
As per my first para above though; if you love the game, I understand going the extra mile for a prem might bring you a lot of joy 😊
We’re lucky enough to live near a lot of pinball venues, e.g. PBR, Chief Coffee, Funland and - slightly further afield - Pinball Office, so I tend to get the opportunity to play the newest Stern games within days of them reaching the country, and then to play lots of games onsite.

So, all the games we have in the house, currently, I’ve played tens of times on location before deciding to buy. I have no idea how many hours I’ve played JP2 for, but there was a period where I was going to medical appointments in central London every fortnight, and I basically played it for 30-60 minutes every time on the way home.

As a relative newcomer I feel quite fortunate that I have zero desire for any* of the current modern (LCD) era Stern's so don't have to wrestle with the pro, prem, LE feature fomo.
With the exception of AiQ (which shoots nicely) and EHOH (quirky and kooky fun) I can honestly say playing the rest have been very underwhelming experiences. In the case of Deadpool and especially Godzilla (as I am a big fan of both themes) I feel like I'm not in the cool gang to be so dismissive and nonchalant toward their "greatness"/"goatness". My wife shares the same opinion, but she also thinks AiQ and EHOH are turds too.

*Not yet played a LZ, JB (probably never will as the artwork makes me wanna tear my eyes out) or FF unsurprisingly.

As a relative newcomer I feel quite fortunate that I have zero desire for any* of the current modern (LCD) era Stern's so don't have to wrestle with the pro, prem, LE feature fomo.
With the exception of AiQ (which shoots nicely) and EHOH (quirky and kooky fun) I can honestly say playing the rest have been very underwhelming experiences. In the case of Deadpool and especially Godzilla (as I am a big fan of both themes) I feel like I'm not in the cool gang to be so dismissive and nonchalant toward their "greatness"/"goatness". My wife shares the same opinion, but she also thinks AiQ and EHOH are turds too.

*Not yet played a LZ, JB (probably never will as the artwork makes me wanna tear my eyes out) or FF unsurprisingly.
I’m not a mega-Stern fan (e.g. someone who pre-orders because they know they’ll enjoy every game). I think the average quality of the gameplay on the pins Stern is currently making is up there with the Bally/Williams era, but that does include everything from the B/W era, including the complete turkeys.

I think Elwin is very good at creating pins that are satisfying, but also challenging, to shoot. All his games are very good. My favourites are GZ and JP2, and I’ve always slightly preferred JP2 because of the strong theme integration. It’s a tough shooter, and there’s lots of tension and challenge in making tight shots while the dinosaur is prowling around. It’s much more immersive than the usual ‘shoot the flashing lights’. GZ is, in my view, a better game overall due to the combination of toys, less linear gameplay, and that it’s accessible to a variety of levels of play.

You’re not missing anything with LZ, to be honest.

I’m not a mega-Stern fan (e.g. someone who pre-orders because they know they’ll enjoy every game). I think the average quality of the gameplay on the pins Stern is currently making is up there with the Bally/Williams era, but that does include everything from the B/W era, including the complete turkeys.

I think Elwin is very good at creating pins that are satisfying, but also challenging, to shoot. All his games are very good. My favourites are GZ and JP2, and I’ve always slightly preferred JP2 because of the strong theme integration. It’s a tough shooter, and there’s lots of tension and challenge in making tight shots while the dinosaur is prowling around. It’s much more immersive than the usual ‘shoot the flashing lights’. GZ is, in my view, a better game overall due to the combination of toys, less linear gameplay, and that it’s accessible to a variety of levels of play.

You’re not missing anything with LZ, to be honest.
I was in town yesterday and had a couple of hrs to kill and popped over to funland for the first time , well worth the visit played a few pins I’d never played before, including foo which was a lot of fun, actually really enjoyed the older style simplicity of the Beatles as a game , only downside is I had some kids right next to me going absolutely bonkers on the loudest craziest dancing machine you could possibly imagine! I’m getting old !

Back
Top Bottom