What's new

Johnny Mnemonic

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Hi there, finally got mine under my roof, only took about 4 years, I had sticky balls (nothing to do with the warm weather) magnetised, made a 3mm acrylic trough spacer and increased the incline which solved the problem, game was a pig to play before my intervention with behavioural problems as the balls covered the optos but would not roll to the firing solenoid so when that fired it confused the system and went searching etc etc, anyway I am just rambling on.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to get to power down, yes I could just keep playing it etc, nearly done it already but there must be a sequence or does anyone know of a vid tutorial etc.

Cheers the Dreadmeister

Centre shot to start the modes. To relight the centre shot hit crazy bobs then centre shot when you have done all five modes then you enter Power down..
To keep Power down going hit the sectors that are low on power.
Good luck, great game and the fastest one out there.

Cheers Daz, it certainly is very fast, enjoying it so far, was tempted to sell it as something has to give and it's a tough call with my current line-up, think it's had a stay of execution for the time being.

Cheers Daz, it certainly is very fast, enjoying it so far, was tempted to sell it as something has to give and it's a tough call with my current line-up, think it's had a stay of execution for the time being.
Don't get shut to quick, it's a cracking game and has plenty going on , I am sure you will really enjoy it given it gets a chance.
It's that sort of machine that's got hidden treasures and if you were to sell you would not get another anytime soon as it a rare one.
Enjoy.

Don't get shut to quick, it's a cracking game and has plenty going on , I am sure you will really enjoy it given it gets a chance.
It's that sort of machine that's got hidden treasures and if you were to sell you would not get another anytime soon as it a rare one.
Enjoy.
Yup rare as hell and know what you are saying, if it went up for grabs it would be at a I don't care if it sells price anyway so no bargain to be had here :)

Only seen about 3-4 made available in the last 5 years or so, swore I would never part with mine for that reason alone, that Matrix conversion looks the part also.

It's a shame you loose a JM for every Matrix made, so to date that's six less JM.
Shame.

What's the score with the conversion, can you just buy a kit or is it a send your JM off job (doubt that's very popular)

They use the full machine Inc. Stripping the playfield and doing a one off airbrush job on it.
Thing is it's not cheap £10k for a matrix, now that's serious wonga, how much cheaper it is if you donate a machine I do not know.
What I do know is The Matrix pinball is one he'll of a awesome machine.

Just done a bit of work on this machine today, flipper rebuild, a few rubbers, every single 555 lamp under that playfield was blown and every bulb was missing from the backbox, (machine came to me like this), can't work out how every lamp would be out :confused:, all replaced and working fine, spent some time over the past few days with the JM, played nothing else to be honest and yup, it's a keeper & deserves way higher than its Pinside rating IMO, glad I managed to get my greasy little mitts on one.

Just done a bit of work on this machine today, flipper rebuild, a few rubbers, every single 555 lamp under that playfield was blown and every bulb was missing from the backbox, (machine came to me like this), can't work out how every lamp would be out :confused:, all replaced and working fine, spent some time over the past few days with the JM, played nothing else to be honest and yup, it's a keeper & deserves way higher than its Pinside rating IMO, glad I managed to get my greasy little mitts on one.

I expect it's more the theme than anything that gives it bad ratings because the film was ****e

Glad to see you are feeling the love for Johnny.
"There's gotta be a hot dog joint around here somewhere"

I think any colour other than Orange is a refreshing change, the good thing about the Dr Pinball system is you can have any colour or a choice of multiple colours.
Dave can you try some variants or different colours to see what they look like in a JM ? If the multi colours look good I may be interested in a system for mine.

Sadly it's not my machine - these were the colour choices of someone in the States. But as you say, any colour is possible.

If you have some free time and want to experiment in seeing what colours look good then my machine is up for it.

Back
Top Bottom