What's new

John Wick by Stern

I'm not sure how it's fair on anyone to expect to loose 1000's by simply opening the box. People can't say it's always been like this because honestly it hasn't. Games NIB are over priced and it shouldn't be up to the NIB purchaser to bare the loss.

NIB needs to go bk to 10-11k for an LE, tops.

I'm not sure how it's fair on anyone to expect to loose 1000's by simply opening the box. People can't say it's always been like this because honestly it hasn't. Games NIB are over priced and it shouldn't be up to the NIB purchaser to bare the loss.

That's all true, and without turning this thread into a discussion about prices, nothing will change if people keep buying them at those prices. The LE offers minimal upgrades for maximum profit. I'm not sure what LE buyers are seeing when they decide to get an LE over a Premium - £4400 price difference!

At 10k an LE was pretty hard to resist (providing it had the best artwork, which wasn’t and is not always the case) now at 15-16k for an LE and £11k for a premium it’s very easy after the initial release excitement to wait it out.

I don't care about the gun thing but Gomez said "brand" not licensor. Surely brand refers to Stern themselves, so it's more they are a company who don't want to put guns on playfields than a licencing thing.

I don't care about the gun thing but Gomez said "brand" not licensor. Surely brand refers to Stern themselves, so it's more they are a company who don't want to put guns on playfields than a licencing thing.
Stern have never had an issue with guns previously or recently, there are visible guns in the playfield/cabinet artwork on Deadpool, Mandolorian and Bond, probably a couple others but those 3 instantly come to mind.

Custom call outs can fix it.

“Someone get this man a banana!”

“Bananas, lots of bananas!”

“John is a man of sheer will, I once saw him kill a man with a banana, a FU**ING BANANA!”

See problem solved!27DFCB9F-771B-4ECE-B15E-268217A95678.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone at the film company probably thought pinball meant kids and wanted to meet some sort of industry guideline. Doesn't make sense at all though if the video has guns in (which Im fairly sure I saw in one of the clips). Maybe theyve also insisted on an option for no guns on the lcd.

Strange one this- doesnt really bother me if the clips have guns in at the end of the day.

I enjoyed this video, looks good and not too much lost with the pro model. Looking forward to playing it.

Stern have never had an issue with guns previously or recently, there are visible guns in the playfield/cabinet artwork on Deadpool, Mandolorian and Bond, probably a couple others but those 3 instantly come to mind.

Things change. It could be a new thing, who knows. Gomez wasn't very specific.

There's still guns in the movie footage, maybe the callouts too.

Things change. It could be a new thing, who knows. Gomez wasn't very specific.

There's still guns in the movie footage, maybe the callouts too.
It’s definitely an odd one, even Venom (the previous release to this) has guns in the artwork on the playfield and translite of the pro or prem.

As usual we will likely never know until someone in the know let’s it slip, either way it’s a bizarre decision to make with such a gun heavy movie.

It's a decision made by Lionsgate as stipulated by GG not Stern.
Really don't see the issue as it allows some censorship via software.

I agree with you, but fair has nothing to do with it. If you choose to buy an LE at £15k, losing thousands if you decide to sell down the line is just part of the deal - especially considering that there is hardly anything ‘limited’ about the Stern LEs.

I honestly have no idea why people do it now that the gap between the Premium and LE is so vast. Even if losing that much cash really means that little to you then I can think of countless better ways to do it.

Who is actually buying one ?
Love to hear from peeps who have pressed the button

I can not believe anyone thinks they can own a pinball - and expect to sell if for what they paid for it. The only time this has been the case is when price rises have happened during a run of games. Or you pre-ordered it a while ago.

A 2nd user will not have any warranty from people that sell new sterns in the UK. The warranty is not transferable - the only one you will have is what is left of the 3 month stern warranty, then it is up to electrocoin if they validate that warranty.

As soon as you drive a new car off the forecourt the price instantly reduces.

If you do not want to loose money on pinball - buy used, well liked games.

Looking at the last few games, the premium features look like a 'pro' from a few years ago. Aerosmith pro has better gadgets than this game's Premium/LE. I mean a couple of things that open (one solenoid) with a couple of extra LEDs....

It is also funny how Stern LE's (on spike II) started with Batman - 240 made (80 Super LE's). Then from Aerosmith to Mando - 500. Then they have doubled it to 1000. This means they can gnerate $13 MILLION DOLLARS retail out of the LEs for this game alone. Someone is laughing all the way to the bank.

This game is sure getting some attention. The no guns chatter along with some pinball people not being so happy some arcade YouTubers have had hands on with the machine.

On the upside, now plenty to watch and listen to at least, it's been so quiet for a bit.

Looking forward to seeing a direct audio capture stream on this game at some point.

He’s an arcade YouTuber? Didn’t know that. Probably a good marketing move to reach a new audience.

He’s an arcade YouTuber? Didn’t know that. Probably a good marketing move to reach a new audience.
Well when I say Arcade YouTubers, more like guys that tinker around and mod Arcade 1ups etc but they already also have Pinball content. Yeah probably a good marketing move reaching a new audience, surely some footage on the game is better than none at all. Looking at some comments you see online, some pinball people don't seem to happy, likely because Stern didn't invite them 😂

If people just want to see more on the game these guys have videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@KongsRUs/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@Vic_VP/videos

That KongsRUs Ive seen before on Youtube doing lots of modification videos for Arcade 1Ups but looking at his recently videos it looks like hes got the pinball bug.

He also put up another gameplay video.

Looking at some comments you see online, some pinball people don't seem to happy, likely because Stern didn't invite them
I think it is exactly this - some people with higher opinions of their importance getting butt hurt because they weren't the ones in the know or got to see/play the game first and then brag about it. 😥

It seems that Stern have managed to plug the leaks that were so prevalent in past years.

Back
Top Bottom