What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Thermistor and Varistor

chuckychucks

Registered
Can someone please help me with a problem I have with my USA imported GnR.

I bought a Varistor & Thermistor off Jim (my pinballs) and I’m having conflicting advice on where they should be installed.

Jim tells me that the Varistor should run over the power block and the Thermistor should run over the fuse, but JJP tech support are saying the Varistor should run over the fuse and the Thermistor should run over the power block?

To say I’m confused is an understatement and I don’t want to damage the game.

Please see attached photo from JJP tech support and the other one of the parts supplied by Jim.

Really appreciate some help with this

Attachments

• Power Box 220V.jpeg
    Power Box 220V.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7521.jpeg
    IMG_7521.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 13
I’m sure Jim will pop in this thread soon enough, or someone else who has completed this process with his kit will 👍
After many emails today to JJP eventually they have told me their online documents are wrong and they are going to correct them, so like you said ..Jim knows his stuff, he did tell me this today but when the people who make the game tell you different it does make you question things.

Are you running via a 230v - 110v transformer? If you are then nothing needs changing.

Only just seen this thread - but JJP have got plenty of mistakes in the manuals.......

Are you running via a 230v - 110v transformer? If you are then nothing needs changing.

Only just seen this thread - but JJP have got plenty of mistakes in the manuals.......
Yes I went back and forward with a guy from their tech dept over the last few days, turns out he realised in the end that his information was wrong and even stuff in their manuals was wrong.

Their game has an auto switching PSU and the main transformer needs the wires reconfigured to suit 220v

You also have to change the Varistor, Thermistor and slow blow fuse …this is where I was confused because their information was incorrect, Jim told me this today but the tech at JJP kept saying different, but in the end he reached out to someone else in the electrical dept who confirmed that their manual was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom