What's new

For Sale JJP POTC LE now 16K

for you, maybe.

There is a tier of games over and above your run of the mill LE. This is one of those.

Now currently updating to new code (but I'm sure its just the beta code in an official release).

Now on pinside. The only one for sale outside the USA.
Totally agree, I was replying to why it wouldn’t sell to the vast majority of people on this forum, apart from Dave Bishop who is crazy and a couple others

Find a cheaper one in the world for sale. Don't forget shipping, taxes and exchange rates.
Buy or do not buy. Putting too expensive Implies it's over market rate which is not helpful.

It is too expensive and the market has already told you so.
Maybe if you put it in horse and hounds or vogue you will get to your target audience ?

I would have been interested at this price if it wasn’t for the lack of clarity of the total games, I think they should have lifetime plays that can’t be reset like stern

If you are new to pinball like myself it is actually reassuring when spending this type of money, it might not be the correct way, but buying games without having to travel half across the country to check the condition seems better for me.

Stop getting hung up on number of games played. Games can last a min and better players 1hr. Condition is key. However games are bought to be played!
My IMDN honestly still looks new, I’ve always maintained it to a high standard and Wayne had done the same before me. Now nearly 7000 plays but still looks like new.
Current condition and more importantly how/if they’ve been maintained is the most important thing.

If you are new to pinball like myself it is actually reassuring when spending this type of money, it might not be the correct way, but buying games without having to travel half across the country to check the condition seems better for me.
I would definitely go and see it personally. Games played is irrelevant in reality as @Kenny Taylor has stated above. If it has 1000 games and has been played by a newbie and kids, game time will be low, whereas if it’s been played by a good player, it will likely have at least 4x as much game time in the same number of plays.

As @Andydn says, maintenance and current condition are key. @Sven Normansson has collected machines longer than most on here (myself included) and knows how to maintain them and is a fantastic seller you can trust

All you have to do is reflash the sd card on a stern and lifetime plays resets. Come take a look as any serious buyer I would recommend doing.
One can certainly reset lifetime plays on spike2 games however just reflashing the SD card won't do the trick in most cases. The data is stored in one of the onboard flash chips.

I guess that's what the photos are there for, the seller here has been honest showing the common areas of wear like the saucers/scoops which in this case suggest to me that this particular example has seen more than a couple hundred plays. I'm still a relative newbie though so take that with a pinch of salt 🤷‍♂️

I guess that's what the photos are there for, the seller here has been honest showing the common areas of wear like the saucers/scoops which in this case suggest to me that this particular example has seen more than a couple hundred plays. I'm still a relative newbie though so take that with a pinch of salt 🤷‍♂️

To a super newbie (like @Pinballer) I bet those areas in the pictures wouldn't have been noticed. Better to have it spelled out, especially at this level of game.

To a super newbie (like @Pinballer) I bet those areas in the pictures wouldn't have been noticed. Better to have it spelled out, especially at this level of game.
the offer has been there from that start to come and look. Hell, I'll throw out an invitation to ANYONE who just wants to visit and play some pinball to come and visit. Leicester is just about in the centre of England, not the Outer Hebrides.

As for number of plays, if you aren't also asking for GAME ON TIME then you aren't assessing the boards. Maybe its been in an arcade turned on for 14 hours a day but only got played a handful of times...

If more and more people say pins are to expensive we all lose out and them use them for fire wood

Dont normally comment on prices but in this case due to above comments then i will!

The price its listed at is VERY fair! I just sold mine for virtually the same money a few weeks back so this is in line with the market rate for this game. At the time i looked around and couldn’t find any others for that price. I did find a CE at 30k in the uk at Williams Amusements so 16k is almost half what the dealers are after. 16k is a lot of money for most people but when it comes to potc, 16k is a bargain compared to what other sellers are asking. Its also a brilliant game and imho definitely worth the hype. Blows all the modern Sterns out the water.

Last edited:
You live in London? Centre to centre it is under 3 hours.

If I was spending anything over £3K for a pinball I would want to see it.

The seller is a trusted person on this site - if you want to pay me in my professional capacity I will go and visit Phil, and do you a report on the game. But by the time you pay me to go - then for someone to deliver it (sorry I dont deliver to London) it will make more sense just to go and have a look. Spending a few hours in the car vs 'wasting' your money is a no contest.

With this game - if you want a Pirates - you do not have much choice. It is not like GnR where there are loads of them.

Dont normally comment on prices but in this case due to above comments then i will!

The price its listed at is VERY fair! I just sold mine for virtually the same money a few weeks back so this is in line with the market rate for this game. At the time i looked around and couldn’t find any others for that price. I did find one at 30k in the uk at Williams Amusements so 16k is almost half what the dealers are after. 16k is a lot of money for most people but when it comes to potc, 16k is a bargain compared to what other sellers are asking. Its also a brilliant game and imho definitely worth the hype. Blows all the modern Sterns out the water.
I bought this from Jason and it’s absolutely fantastic …, condition wise and innovation within the game . Love it !

I've had this game a for about 5 months (not this exact machine). Before you part with this kind of money, please view the game in person and ensure...

1. You actually like it.
2. You pay attention to the ware marks.

It's a lot of money to be spending on one game.

On a plus note they finally released a code update for this game today, something I thought would never happen.

I’ve owned POTC from new and I’ve turned down a number of offers in excess of this asking price.

Sure, it’s a large amount of cash, but if you compare what you get with this game vs a recent Stern LE, you get a lot more for your money here - especially given that the machine itself is limited. There’s no Premium with the exact same gameplay and toys.

My previous offer in this thread still stands - if anyone down south is interested but would like to play one first they’re welcome to come here.

On a plus note they finally released a code update for this game today, something I thought would never happen.

Yes I’m shocked too, but I’ve been part of the beta program for years now and the changes since the last public release are significant and very worthwhile.

Last edited:
This thread needs modding. Bad craic moaning about prices in someone else's thread. Stern sells LEs in the UK for £15-16k three or four times a year.
C1341CB0-1A79-4661-9DD9-A60CCE84C532.jpeg

I kinda remember a few years ago it was decided that comments on sales threads would be condoned.
Would you rather just have all the cringe shill remarks?
Does the OP genuinely believe this pin had/has 185 lifetime plays?
Claimed as meaningless yet felt the need to include this very low stat on sales description. Was that just for transparency?
Whether intended or not, It does come across a tad disingenuous.
Quote:
“Game shows 185 lifetime plays (if that's your thing) ”
“Even so I maintain its a meaningless stat but some seem to have a hard on over it.”

Also, not sure comparing to the US market is a reliable gauge for pricing.

With any pin, peeps should really view before buying for piece of mind.
I’m sure it will sell to the right buyer.

Last edited:
I kinda remember a few years ago it was decided that comments on sales threads would be condoned.
Would you rather just have all the cringe shill remarks?
Yes we did and that is why I have not asked for moderation. However, some of the posts are bordering on nasty. Mission65 alludes to the item being overpriced to which I have explained that research has been done which proves this to be the cheapeast worldwide. This is backed up by another poster.

Does the OP genuinely believe this pin had/has 185 lifetime plays?
No I don't as I state in a later post. I, like any other owner who didnt have conservatorship for the lifetime of the game, can't verify that.

Claimed as meaningless yet felt the need to include this very low stat on sales description. Was that just for transparency?
Whether intended or not, It does come across a tad disingenuous.
See above. If it was disengenuous, why would I later post? What is is mission65 attempting to derail the sale with his "expert" opinion despite proof of the value on the market.

Also, not sure comparing to the US market is a reliable gauge for pricing.
I explain my pricing and also looked at europe. I can only base price on what I can research. This is corroborated by another poster later on.

Hope that clears that up for you.

I’m new to the hobby and on the waiting list for MMR (I want NIB with warranty) but this one has really tempted me. It looks an amazing game but I wouldn’t really know what to look for in terms of wear and tear or issues with the game so I would rely on the seller’s honest description and comments posted by others. In terms of value, I think it’s wrong to compare with the one being sold by Williams on an earlier post, that’s a CE with the £3k topper. Sven has always said he is comparing his price to Pinside market prices and sales. He is transparent about that and I personally agree that the comparison with US$ is a fair one on a 1:1 basis. Recent sales are showing however that the price of these has been in a big decline from a couple of years ago.
For me, having never played it, and it being my 1st purchase, I would definitely be going to see it. I wouldn’t have a clue as to whether it was in good condition other than the obvious stuff but I would know whether it was fun to play. I’m just gutted I can’t put in a good offer for it.

I’m new to the hobby and on the waiting list for MMR (I want NIB with warranty) but this one has really tempted me. It looks an amazing game but I wouldn’t really know what to look for in terms of wear and tear or issues with the game so I would rely on the seller’s honest description and comments posted by others. In terms of value, I think it’s wrong to compare with the one being sold by Williams on an earlier post, that’s a CE with the £3k topper. Sven has always said he is comparing his price to Pinside market prices and sales. He is transparent about that and I personally agree that the comparison with US$ is a fair one on a 1:1 basis. Recent sales are showing however that the price of these has been in a big decline from a couple of years ago.
For me, having never played it, and it being my 1st purchase, I would definitely be going to see it. I wouldn’t have a clue as to whether it was in good condition other than the obvious stuff but I would know whether it was fun to play. I’m just gutted I can’t put in a good offer for it.
The offer is there for anyone to come and play some great games (see my sig) Whether you intend to purchase or not. There's also an offer to play one on the south coast IIRC.

Yes we did and that is why I have not asked for moderation. However, some of the posts are bordering on nasty. Mission65 alludes to the item being overpriced to which I have explained that research has been done which proves this to be the cheapeast worldwide. This is backed up by another poster.

No I don't as I state in a later post. I, like any other owner who didnt have conservatorship for the lifetime of the game, can't verify that.

See above. If it was disengenuous, why would I later post? What is is mission65 attempting to derail the sale with his "expert" opinion despite proof of the value on the market.

I explain my pricing and also looked at europe. I can only base price on what I can research. This is corroborated by another poster later on.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Thanks for clearing up the play count Q.

Back
Top Bottom