What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP New Game Announcement?

JAG555

Site Supporter
Just saw a teaser on JJP about (I am guessing!) a new game.

Any ideas? Toy Story?

Think this will be awesome.....just fantastic!
Now that i have no room, more importantly divorce if anything pin related hits my house :(

Guess they don’t wanna miss the boat with all this extra money kicking around and our awesome exchange rate :rofl:

on a serious note quite a few friends of mine have actually been better off not working and furloughed, they have cancelled holidays for the foreseeable and had no need to fill up the car on a weekly basis as no commuting or anywhere to visit so it might actually be a shrewd move to get in quick and take advantage of the Boredom and the spare cash is some people’s pockets.

JJPs teaser seems like they don’t wanna miss out on all these possible sales but let’s hope it’s not a reveal for a pin that will be shipping this year and not the next :oops:

Last edited:
Maybe the clearcoat will even be dry this time ??

Quite possibly 4x the cost of a Fish Tales for a NIB project.

Good luck.

Is the internet connectivity such a big thing? Who can not put a file onto a USB stick and put it into a game? It is not as if game updates happen every month, you get 4 or 5 a game and thats really it in most cases.

Do you remember they attempted somekind of internet connectivity at a pinball event and it didnt work??? Was that JJP?

Only useful for operators - and I would think most JJP machines go into the private sector rather than on site. What operators want to shift a JJP over a stern around the place ;)

Is the internet connectivity such a big thing? Who can not put a file onto a USB stick and put it into a game? It is not as if game updates happen every month, you get 4 or 5 a game and thats really it in most cases.

Do you remember they attempted somekind of internet connectivity at a pinball event and it didnt work??? Was that JJP?

Only useful for operators - and I would think most JJP machines go into the private sector rather than on site. What operators want to shift a JJP over a stern around the place ;)

Depending on theme, what about inter-machine communication like NBA Fastbreak? Direct streaming of screen output to web with no camera required?

Once such a facility exists, the uses could be endless (though not necessarily useful).

Depending on theme, what about inter-machine communication like NBA Fastbreak? Direct streaming of screen output to web with no camera required?

Once such a facility exists, the uses could be endless (though not necessarily useful).

Who can afford two JJP machines to link ? Good for competitions and leaderboards as suggested by @Marvello

I do think you have to get around a lot of rules/laws to stream camera footage of the game play. Have noriced in newer software the player can choose to disable the camera at game start up.

Several years ago I worked for a company who put a sim card based board in all machines - usually SWP and AWP but also a few pins.... so the site holder emptied the machine every night of cash. Weekly the card would 'call in' and say the machine took £x - and 50% of that got direct debited from the site holder. A useful way of leaving a game onsite with a set of keys so if a ball got stuck they can clear the problem - or change a rubber. The same software used to also send other stats too.

I am shocked that pinball manufacturers have not done this a decade ago. In fact in Heighway days this itea was poo poo'ed - another suggestion I wish I had never made.

You are what you drink..... and I am a bitter man......

Your glass is on, there’s is off .....................
Yep, can sense if the glass is out, from simple switches in the channels etc
Loads of ways to detect tampering, pf slope etc but most are easily enough bypassed to not make them worth doing

end of the day it’s only a game and only to promote a bit of craic for bored players

Back
Top Bottom