What's new

No Longer Available JJP GUNS N ROSES STANDARD EDITION reduced again

Thursday bump

Seems its the least desirable JJP title
Blimey, I thought I’d missed a day, thank god it’s still weds and good luck with the sale, great price for such a new and loaded machine, I can only imagine it’s the theme that’s stopping it from selling, a bit like gonzo with IM, I personally loved the premium IM and owned it twice.
Money is tight but people will find money if they really want something.

I have some thoughts, but let's not de-rail this thread.

It's a great price and I have heard a great machine.
So true. Not to mention it’s been out a long time and they sold tons of them. If I was the seller I wouldn’t give it away. Keep it for another day.

It depends on the machine if you paid £4k for a lw3 then yes, however with nitb prices continuously increasing its unlikely to drop a huge amount due to supply and demand. Soon you won't be able to get a new machine for less than £10k. Unfortunately I think this will dictate the second market. Although if people can't heat the house or pay the mortgage then prices will naturally drop. Pinball price speculation has always been tricky, personally the days of getting an Adam for £1k are long gone. The machines are getting on to 30 years old making the availablity harder and the value higher.
The reason pinflation on old games has hit so hard is that the new games haven’t got as much in them or aren’t as good as the old games, but manufacturers want top dollar for them. So it makes sense that a game you could pick up for a few thousand a few years back is now as much as they are. The older games are much better value for money. I’d rather have a Scared Stiff than a TS4. I’d rather have a TOTAN than a Legends of Valhalla. Things have got to change. TS4 isn’t worth the asking price and neither is James Bond. Not to mention that no one wants to be spending 12k on a toy these days. There’s a real gap in the market for some realistically priced pins to come along. Hoping that CGC and American pinball and Spooky keep their heads when they release their new games in Dec. That will be very interesting. CGC are the best value machines in the world. If they can get Pulp Fiction out at under $8k that will be good. Even more interesting to see what JJP will price Godfather at. If it’s $12k they are mental. As for APs new Galactic Tank Force unlicensed game, it could be the hit of the year If priced sensibly.

The reason pinflation on old games has hit so hard is that the new games haven’t got as much in them or aren’t as good as the old games, but manufacturers want top dollar for them. So it makes sense that a game you could pick up for a few thousand a few years back is now as much as they are. The older games are much better value for money. I’d rather have a Scared Stiff than a TS4. I’d rather have a TOTAN than a Legends of Valhalla. Things have got to change. TS4 isn’t worth the asking price and neither is James Bond. Not to mention that no one wants to be spending 12k on a toy these days. There’s a real gap in the market for some realistically priced pins to come along. Hoping that CGC and American pinball and Spooky keep their heads when they release their new games in Dec. That will be very interesting. CGC are the best value machines in the world. If they can get Pulp Fiction out at under $8k that will be good. Even more interesting to see what JJP will price Godfather at. If it’s $12k they are mental. As for APs new Galactic Tank Force unlicensed game, it could be the hit of the year If priced sensibly.
Unfortunately at the moment, even an $8k pin translates to close to £10k.

the new games haven’t got as much in them or aren’t as good as the old games
err, Godzilla anyone? Amazing building mech, Mech Godzilla rotating thingy, bridge, Insider connected. Great gameplay and code. ALL the WMS era games are pretty one dimensional in comparison to most of the modern games.
Cost of new games is manufacturer price hike plus the pound exchange rate. Some go for more after the fact as they were unappreciated at the time e.g Elvira HOH or JJP POTC (another totally packed game). This tends to drag along older games price wise too as, as you mention, demand increases

err, Godzilla anyone? Amazing building mech, Mech Godzilla rotating thingy, bridge, Insider connected. Great gameplay and code. ALL the WMS era games are pretty one dimensional in comparison to most of the modern games.
Cost of new games is manufacturer price hike plus the pound exchange rate. Some go for more after the fact as they were unappreciated at the time e.g Elvira HOH or JJP POTC (another totally packed game). This tends to drag along older games price wise too as, as you mention, demand increases
@steve brum Apologies for derailing your thread in advance, but Godzilla is one of the only games that compare to the Bally-Williams era, which is why I own it.

Most of the designs come from the exact same designers who were designing in the B/W era and, sometimes earlier, and you can't teach old dogs too many fresh tricks. So, there's actually no point owning many of the newer titles because they have pretty much the same basic layout as the B/W games and, as it's a pinball machine and not a video game, the extra code doesn't in fact make as much difference as some people on here like to think.

The thing with Godzilla (and A:IQ and JP2 and, in fact, TNA) is that you can't purchase a second-hand edition of almost the same game by the same designer with most the same layout and slightly better toys (on average) for half the price. If you want a game by a younger designer, you have to buy a new (or nearly new) game.

I see Kaneda has mentioned rumours of a software update. More balanced scoring, light shows and maybe new songs?

This is gonna be a keeper! Mine is already though.

Back
Top Bottom