What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Guns n Roses nearly always needs CPU jump started

Alpha1

Site Supporter
Alias
Alpha1
I've turned it on ten times and it's only booted twice...

I keep having to do this:

There are no apparent errors in test menu although during the game I did see a momentary led board error flash up but the games appears to work fine once it has booted.

Anyone got any ideas to what is making the CPU board (PC) keep thinking it's had a brown out.

Thanks

Likely as Paul said. Might also be worth connecting a keyboard and checking the bios settings, as they discuss in that video from 9:20 or so

Thanks fellas I will meter the battery and connect a keyboard to my pinball machine (not done that before lol)

Normally it is the CR2032.

You wont be able to get into the JJP bios from memory. It is passworded. It is actually a custom bios.

I have no idea why JJP do not run a small power button inside the coin door. It is just a simple push to make switch off the motherboard.
Download the manual to motherboard and find the power button jumpers.

Or you can actually use one of these and never have an issue again:

The plug with just two wires on it - cut off the plug and short the wires together.

Crazy you have to do this. :tut:

Another was would be to attach a two wires to the jumper on the mobo and add a switch to the end of that. Make it long enough that it can be done from the coin door.

Another was would be to attach a two wires to the jumper on the mobo and add a switch to the end of that. Make it long enough that it can be done from the coin door.
Honestly it's a right faff!

Normally it is the CR2032.

You wont be able to get into the JJP bios from memory. It is passworded. It is actually a custom bios.

I have no idea why JJP do not run a small power button inside the coin door. It is just a simple push to make switch off the motherboard.
Download the manual to motherboard and find the power button jumpers.

Or you can actually use one of these and never have an issue again:

The plug with just two wires on it - cut off the plug and short the wires together.
Thank you, I'll replace the battery and install a back up reset button inside coin door.

Yeah that is a good solution much better than having to open that and use a paperclip. I've gone down PC mobo route anyway with a 27" monitor so I am tempted to have another couple of holes at the back just in case I need to control power to the screen or CPU which would be a bit better than the coin door for power.

Since I posted this I left the game on for 8 hours and it's never done it again!

Most strange.

I'm still going to swap the motherboard battery.

Back
Top Bottom