What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JCB Excavator

cr5000462

Registered
Alias
CR
Probably a stupid question to ask here, but I know this place is full of people from all types of backgrounds so shooting my shot! :rofl:

I'm looking to buy a JCB excavator and can't seem to find anywhere online that shows what it should or shouldn't have in terms of paperwork, Do they have V5, Logbook, service manual as a car would? As I can't find anything online I assume not, it's just a VIN and serial number to check if its been stolen or not. Never know someone here browsing the forum might own one and can offer some advice

Had a little chat with my mate and once he stopped laughing . He says a machine does about a thousand working hours per year so if a machine has done four thousand working hours that equates to about 4years old , but it could have had a hard life or a easy life ,all depends it it was constantly working or just stud still . Look at how good it looks to determine this . Machines normally have a service after a thousand hours and have some paperwork . He does buy new one's or 2nd hand one's ,but when he buys 2nd hand he buys from the euro auction in Leeds https://www.euroauctions.com/equipment-search/leeds/excavators/mini-excavators#
Ps there is a auction next week .
good luck !!

Thanks, once he stopped laughing? Does he not get out much?

Thanks for the advice

Regards,

Re excavators / mini diggers
My best advice is to look for how well it’s been looked after / is it tidy ? Original paint - stay away from repainted stuff, the most expensive thing to fix is the swivel a 360 digger spins on the motors and hydraulics are usually fairly sound and they are never
under much load normally a little 3 cylinder job ,? I’ve nearly bought one afew times and I’m stil looking tbh . You can rent 80 quid a day for mini digger or 500 for a 3 ton one for a week but it’s not convenient being limited to time. Try looking on farm trader / it’s like autotrader do t be afraid of older machines with original paint / lots of nice ones about worn pins can be fixed and it all depends how much your really going to use it

Back
Top Bottom