What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's tight but will I damage the back box art

Adrian Hufton

Registered
Hi folks, with the arrival of a T2 on Tuesday I had to have a room rethink.
I didn't think I could get 5 in a row but I have but it is tight.......very.
I have put cardboard between each back box ( only just managed this) but will they rub and damage the back box artwork. 3 machines are virtually new so don't want to spoil them.20170528_190149.jpg

You could pull the TAF forward about 10 inches which would allow the pins either side to be moved closer, even just a inch or so. In affect over lapping

I may be a bit OCD to stagger them but I need to do something because in my mind they are too tight.
I will give it a go tomorrow and see what works, will let you know how it shakes out.
Cheers

Too tight certainly, but just wanted to compliment both the amazing selection of machines, and the attention to detail in having them lined up so perfectly.

No great ideas for fixing the issue, other than perhaps using something soft, like felt would be a better idea than cardboard. Ideally then you'd only stick the felt to alternate backboxes. But yeah, more separation would be a more ideal resolution I think. Pinshed time? ;)

Well I tried the staggered look but wasn't keen, yes the jukebox should go but Donna would fall out with me as it is the only thing in the room she likes, so I split them all up and protected the back boxes so should be ok.
Only casualty was a minor scrape on the Hobbit back box where the bolt heads on the bottom of the TAF back box hit the Hobbit when sliding in the first time.
Pretty lashed off but only myself to blame as I suspected as much which led me to post in the first place!
If I feel the need I may have a complete rethink and find a new place for the jukebox and go three on that wall with 2 on the opposite wall and my new arrival stand alone on the other side.
I could pick another wall for the 65" TV and even then have space for 7 but don't really want the hassle of that, saving that option for the next one I'm not buying!
TAF is going nowhere! but thanks for caring enough for it to offer it a new home.

• Buy a skinny game/ stern/ old EM. But I fear that this is not your answer
  • Move the telly, this is cheaper than what you will lose damaging the backboxes of top titles
  • Dump the jukebox and get a wall mounted CD unit for about £400 to liberate some space. Floor mounted jukeboxes are a real luxury when you are short of space for pinballs

Last edited:
Didn't we discuss that at 8bit Adie?

Just sort out your 'flooding' problem with some extra drainage and maybe build it on blocks and then you can buy loads more pins :D

Back
Top Bottom