What's new

It's great not knowing what you're doing....

Sounduser

Registered
... You get to learn everything.

Just gave the play field a quick clean and polish. Surprised how it changes the speed of the ball.

I didn't know what I was doing the first time I adjusted a switch; the first time I replaced a coil; the first time I replaced a transistor

Every time it feels like a victory

... You get to learn everything.

Just gave the play field a quick clean and polish. Surprised how it changes the speed of the ball.
Did you wax it ? A couple of layers of wax can be a real eye opener.

I didn't know what I was doing the first time I adjusted a switch; the first time I replaced a coil; the first time I replaced a transistor

Every time it feels like a victory
When I finally fixed a shorting issue after hours and hours of searching it was almost a religious experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I meant to say wax.
I noticed some crud and crumbs inside. So I brushed the debris out. Wiped everything over and gave it a coat of wax that my gf got me. But I'd neglected to use.

a coat of wax that my gf got me. But I'd neglected to use.
There's an interesting backstory in there somewhere.

When I worked out my 1st TZ's slot machine mod didn't have a diode on it after about 12months of ownership and it was that little bastard causing the LEDs to ghost on the same row&column.

I still class myself as a novice. I've replaced BRs, HV kits, just put 2 flipper rebuilds on etc.

10x easier these days with the Internet to guide you step by step. Must have been a nightmare back in the day

I still class myself as a novice. I've replaced BRs, HV kits, just put 2 flipper rebuilds on etc.

10x easier these days with the Internet to guide you step by step. Must have been a nightmare back in the day
You need to do a playfield swap. Just for shīts and giggles. :)

Back
Top Bottom