What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Wonka misunderstood?

Isn't it just another Pinside pile on? I swear they managed to push Turtles to the top the other week.

Isn't it just another Pinside pile on? I swear they managed to push Turtles to the top the other week.
Exactly this.

The Pinside rating takes the highest ranking version of a machine. The Wonka CE has 26 ratings only at an average of 9.487 (which is what is being used to rank it at no.1), the LE has 168 at 8.49, and the standard 149 at 8.249. Giving an overall of 8.461. This would place it 25th in the rankings overall, in my opinion much more realistic.

It's not even the best JJP machine, which is PotC. I'd even rank DI above it.

It just shows that the rankings can be easily manipulated, and even without that are a waste of time. Although good to see that TAF has dropped as low as 17th.

Back on topic, I just don't get the love for Wonka. There are better looking machines out there, games with better layouts, games with better rules sets. It falls short on all levels.

How?

I love Stop and Go machines. I love Pat Lawlor. I absolutely love the movie but the game? With Neil - just don't get it.
Same here but I’ve only played a few games on one and just didn’t enjoy.

Wonka is great when you get to know the rules
Was obviously never meant to be anything other than my opinion. The problem is I do know the rules.

If you're after a high score the optimal strategy is just keep hitting the spinner after the magnet catch on the left- over and over and over again - once maxed out at 200 bars, bonus becomes more important than what you score during your ball.

We don't all drive the same car
We don't all go on holiday to the same place
We don't All like the same music
We don't all like the same beer (I've even heard some people like Carlsturd🤮)

Point is it's way too subjective to have any real meaning. You like it, you like it and you have your reasons and others will disagree with you ad nauseam.
Doubt there's a single pin out there that you will get 100% consensus on.
Just go play and enjoy whatever floats ya boat, then buy one

We don't all drive the same car
We don't all go on holiday to the same place
We don't All like the same music
We don't all like the same beer (I've even heard some people like Carlsturd🤮)

Point is it's way too subjective to have any real meaning. You like it, you like it and you have your reasons and others will disagree with you ad nauseam.
Doubt there's a single pin out there that you will get 100% consensus on.
Just go play and enjoy whatever floats ya boat, then buy one

Captain obvious called, he wants his post back

Sparingly played JJPs, but they all seem like a mess to me. Constant case of your eyes being too big for your belly, but then again that might just be modern pinball and me being an old man.

Sparingly played JJPs, but they all seem like a mess to me. Constant case of your eyes being too big for your belly, but then again that might just be modern pinball and me being an old man.
Isn't that the case with most modern pins regardless of manufacturer?

Stay off the meths man it’s making you go blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait a minute. There are people that don't like modern pinball machines? Absolute madness. Best games by a country mile.

I'd still like a reliable old EM machine. Pure nostalgia

That’s a bit like saying you’d want a reliable Jaguar!

Well Jaguar and Land Rover yes. Consistently the most unreliable cars for quite some time now.

fair enough, i have had 2 xj's and put 140k + on each and not had anything wrong with them. That said facts are facts and i may have been lucky

My bro has had Range Rovers and Land Rovers, always something going wrong while my Toyota’s just keep going.
He just bought a Porsche Macan, should be more reliable. Maybe😂

i had never looked at the top most unreliable cars but you r correct i seem to go for cars in the top 5 most unreliable :oops: i shouldn't have looked, they are bound to go wrong now 😂

Back
Top Bottom