What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this leg salvageable?

cooldan

i like pizza
leg.jpg

i don't give a monkey's nuts about the appearance, i just want to be able to move it up and down a bit to level the table, but this seems to be rusted shut. i haven't tried any chemical help yet (?WD40) or extreme brute force (not that i have a vice and a sledgehammer) as i thought i'd check with you lot first.

i am generally a cheapskate, but i'd just buy some new legs if there was a shop nearby, and i'm guessing that delivery charges of these heavy buggers must be a tenner each. so if it is totally ****ed, i'll wait until the next show where i'm travelling by car and someone there like The Legend is going and can bring some leggy stock.

i don't even know if it's the 'right' legs, it's the same length as the others and it looks ok, but what do i know. it's a WCS if it makes any difference to your diagnoses and prognoses

taj very mahal pinheads

too much christmas lights.jpg

Try WD40 first mate, spray it on and give it 5 mins to penetrate into the thread but tbh I think you are probably better off applying some heat. Have you go a blow torch? Heat up the leg leveller for a bit and then wind it out. Once you've got the leveller out, clean it up with a wire brush to get the corrosion off and try using the tin foil and water method on the leg itself....still not tried this myself but would be interested to see how good it works :)

Chris - yr lineup isn't up to date. Just saying ;) Oh and congrats on the Cracker win :whoo:

Cheers dude, bit of a shock tbh but am I well pleased :party: Lineup has been adjusted and hopefully is right when I post this :)

Dan, bring it over, I will get the blow torch out and free that up. Should take long, you can play Creech whilst I am doing it.
I had one like that and got it sorted. :)

This is one of the few times I would support the use of WD40, as I can then burn it off with a blow torch. This and covering something in gunk so you can have a hard time of cleaning it off later.
Wd40 is not a great lubricant or penetration spray, it works as a Water Displacement (WD) product and can add a barrier but usually just collects dust and grit causing worse problems. But as I seem to have loads of cans of it, despite never buying one, I find it can be used if there is nothing else to hand. I then clean it off after use. :)

Cant find the can of my favourite spray, costs £15 a can usually but is fantastic stuff and lasts for years.
Edit: Found a can, ACF 50.

OK, if we didn't realise it before, this thread has doomed as all to perpetual nerd-hood. How can we ever look a woman in the eyes and confess that the best conversation today was about what to squirt on rusty bits of metal.

And yes, not only did I find myself interested in the post and replies but I followed the link and almost certainly will buy the product.

How did it come to this?.......:help:

me too - first i gotta find more stuff to take it up to £20 so i don't pay for delivery. sound familiar? what else is recommended/needed/nerdy from there?

You guys have blown them. But we like you. :grouphug:

Back
Top Bottom