What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Dehumidifier?

Good luck using an external dehumidifier.

Sorry. As to your question, I think the idea is that they go in a room rather than in a machine, but don't worry if you do put one inside, as machines aren't airtight and these things aren't so powerful as to draw moisture out of anywhere but the surrounding air. so I don't think this would make your pinball suddenly crumble to dust. But why the need, unless you're living in Singapore or you spilled a pint inside the cabinet?

Haha yes....external.....was just going by the name of these ;-)

Just wondered about the use of them really...mind you i guess if the water isn't dripping off the ceiling theres no real need for them in this country!

I've got a Meaco DD8L junior. Awesome bit of kit. Also heats the air it blows out so good as a heater too. Think it costs about 20p an hour to run on full chat

Just wondered about the use of them really...mind you i guess if the water isn't dripping off the ceiling theres no real need for them in this country!

I beg to differ. The slighest bit of moisure in the wrong place can blow electrical things. If you're lucky it's just a fuse...

Single skin building and outside temperature changes can generate a lot of moisture in a room.

Once you've used a dehumidifier and seen just how much water it collects, then you know it was the right thing to do...!

Yes. To echo Peter. During the winter my dehumidifier will pull 5 litres of water out of the air in less than 8 hours. Crazy ****.

And that's in the house, nevermind a garage

No harm, I guess. Just don't slop the water around when you remove it! You can also used a bowl of baked dry rice for dehumidifying. Pour a bag of rice onto a try and bake it for a couple of hours in the oven to really dry it out. Then stick it in a bowl and pop it inside whatever you want to keep dry. After a few weeks/months depending on conditions just bake it dry again.

It might seem tiddly but these are pretty good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008AIS8QM Used one to keep a caravan fresh whilst not in use over winter. Runs on 9V adapter and uses less than 24W (less than half a traditional 60W light bulb). Collects up to 250ml per day. Bargain at less than £30. Obviously there are bigger and better, they just cost more to buy and use more power to run. Depends on the application. My little 3-pin 8'x8' pinshack wouldn't need something that can pull 10 litres a day. If I did, I'd be having some serious problems!

Back
Top Bottom