What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting news....

looks fantastic, i bet that having a new boxed pinball machine to open must feel like being a 10 year old on Christmas day again. more pictures please, and take some video. it's so easy to upload vids to youtube, and if a picture tells a thousand words then a video must be ten thousand.

more more more!

p.s. someone mentioned there was a cow in the 'horse of a different colour' mode, seen it?

Here's a video. Gives a good insight into how adjustable absolutely everything in the game is, down to each individual coil

http://www.pinplay.com/8/woz_video_tutorial_how_to_calibrate_dorothys_house.html

Errr ......but WHAT IS THE GAMEPLAY LIKE ???????????????

All we ever seem to hear about WOZ is the build quality, the tech spec , the goddamn colour changing LEDs..........that all means (jersey) jack diddly squit if the game itself isn't much fun....I'm not saying it is or isn't, I really don't know having only played the early software.

For the LOVE OF GOD am I the only one still bewildered as to the whether this thing is any good or not ???? :rolleyes:

For the LOVE OF GOD am I the only one still bewildered as to the whether this thing is any good or not ???? :rolleyes:

And me - i dont have a clue either. I'm told by a good friend of mine with similar tastes that it was good to play on, however would need to play myself on something so pretty... ;)

Played it at NERG and was pleasantly surprised. It has good flow and some great features. I could see myself playing it for quite some time as theres so much going on, but i did notice a few issues with me not being able to properly time the ball shots for the upper right flipper or even the main flippers due to the ruby slippers making it difficult to line up my shots. All in all, a beauty that feels great under your palms. Kinda like my missus at a teeny tiny fraction of the cost.

I bet playing one in the home will take some time to figure everything out for sure. My bet would be he's hammering it right this very second too.

I played the game at NERG too and enjoyed it but for whatever reason the production games seem an awful lot faster? Maybe I have the leg levellers set higher up or the new balls/new pf are making it faster. I've left the coils at their pre sets and the ball is getting fired all over the shop, might have to turn them down! The other thing I've noticed is how quiet the slings are. Don't know if its a new design but they are noticeably quieter than any other machine I've ever played on. I'm particularly enjoying the rainbow targets atm, you have to light them all to get to the upper right playfield and you have to be very accurate with your shots. Ill take some video later today

Jonathan, one thing that has always puzzled me is the 'R' in Rainbow. Is there a clear shot to it, or is it just a lucky bounce.

You can just about kiss it with a good shot or try to bounce off the witch.

Here's a video. A lot of the stuff in it is older stuff. There are new modes, videos and sounds in the game but My dad didnt get that far before it was game over!

Glad u like it.Great feeling unboxing a new pin - just don't let the box staples scratch your laminate floor:eek:
As it is at the mo I cant stand it,and have played it a few times inc other day with modern code.
Just leaves me feeling flat.And the "save the ball in the never ending flipping whilst scoring no points" TM feature is a good idea poorly implemented.And the one shot rotating house is a lot of real estate for little flipping wise.
Some lighting is nice,certain bits a bit dark
Crystal ball kinda goofy but cool.
Some cool stuff like the look of the poppers and the monkey magnet.Still not sure on lcd- tho I quite like Highways in the middle of the playfield idea

Re quality - that will tell over time,as it is too early to tell,tho it seems the cab artwork suffers if the clearcoat is knocked as IMO it looks like it takes off the artwork and clearcoat from what I can see-altho that is a well travelled game.
The game could very well improve with more updates - many games do,and some vastly improve eg SMan,AC/DC .
My MOP is great for early code,tho if this is it,I will be a tad disappointed if there are no more updates,as it needs more too it.
Don't like the EM scoring,even if it is based on a donkeys years old film so sorta fitting in with the era

The good thing about pins is one mans turd is anothers gem:pIf we all liked same stuff it would be sad.

Congrats Jon.

As a (relative) newcomer to the forum i've not shared the two year wait you've had for this to arrive, but I can imagine just how awesome it was opening that package up and getting it running. Be really interesting to hear how things progress with further releases of the game code.

Love this game more each time I play it. Upper right flipper is a lot more involved in the game than I first thought. You use it to hit the witch, the pops, the skill shot, the crystal ball and the ball target bank. The flipper was very weak however so I took a look at it

Who the hell put this in at the factory haha

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_null_zps00466947.jpg

Another thing ill do eventually is sort out this mess. Wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with the screen flickering

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_null_zpse165f14a.jpg

Still lots of cool stuff to come with the Internet connection apparently. I hope it ends up with online leaderboard a personally

Another thing ill do eventually is sort out this mess. Wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with the screen flickering

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_null_zpse165f14a.jpg

Still lots of cool stuff to come with the Internet connection apparently. I hope it ends up with online leaderboard a personally

Personally i'd initially shift the Mains cable and the VGA (Which seems to run RIGHT next to the Transformer, with all those lovely induced currents) first... 2 min job to see if it makes a difference!!

Paul

Updated code to 1.18

Any idea where the differences are listed? The Proto at the party was on 1.12 and whilst it had stuff in it, there wasn't much of a game there - clearly there's a lot planned but there were bugs too, I'm hoping those have been ironed out as you mention bug fixes :)

Possibly. Next update is due the end of August apparently. Mine is pretty much bug free bar the screen flicker, which is probably a hardware issue.

Cabinet and playfield is far and away the best made pinball I've had. The QC guys at the factory need some work though. One flipper was misaligned an inch below the other, the upper flipper had a bust spring on, the inner cab was scraped, one of the tree bumpers was mega loose etc. all fixable but for a noob they wouldn't have a clue where to start with half the issues.

They obviously don't play any balls on the machines before they leave the factory for fear of marking the pf

Apparently one of the other UK guys bought a double shielded VGA cable and it solved the flickering problem. Looks like im off to Maplins tomorrow

I dont think theres ever been a run of any pinball that has gone without some issue of some sort. Some more than others for sure, but theres always 'something'. Its all part of pinball i guess.

There's lots of helpful little things on this game. If you flick a switch inside the coin door you can test the coils on the machine with the door open. I also had a fuse blow this week. Each fuse has an led attached though to easily diagnose which one is blown

So you buy a WOZ and a week later your signature goes all Rainbow!

Nice idea with the LED linked to fuses. Any idea why it blew though?

Think I've been lucky, I've only ever had one fuse blow on me. Loads of issues with wires coming off coils etc but only one fuse which seems disproportionate.

I always assumed that NIB machines would pretty much run with no faults for 12 months or so but I gather this isn't reality.

Back
Top Bottom