What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance Valuation

Brownfools

Registered
5Years
Hi all,
I wanted to add our TAF to the home insurance. The insurance company was happy to add it as an item under "specified contents" but require an independent valuation from an expert valuer or an auctioneer.
I'm hoping that many of you will have jumped through this hoop before and can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

I can't see an auctioneer knowing the true value of a pinball machine and thus wouldn't the auctioneer enlist the help of an expert?
A valuation doesn't mean 'how much is it worth?' It means 'how much will it cost you to replace like for like?' With that in mind you could just point them to any retail seller that has one listed.

A number of people on here could be deemed as experts and may be willing to help out if necessary. :cool:

Last edited:
I think I'd just change insurer when it was up for renewal rather than messing around trying to sort out a valuation. @ianw can arrange house insurance that includes pins and does so for many members on here already.

Yeah - done insurance valuations on musical instruments, pinball machines and jukeboxes.

If you are doing a 'new for old' replacement then just send them this:

It doesnt matter how yours is graded too much. For instance in a years time you may decide to redecal the cab and put a new playfield in it this adding to the sale value.

Replacement value is different.

Most insurance companies want to pay the retailer directly I have found. But of course not all of them.....

Back
Top Bottom