What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inkochnito's Bridge Boards for sale

Inkochnito

Registered
Perhaps this is the best way to separate the discussion from the "Today I received" thread.
Can a moderator please transfer the discussion to this thread?

Inkochnito's Bridge Board

Some time ago I heard about the design problem in a large number of Williams games. The problem is about missing the fuses in the 18V (controlled lamps) and 34V (solenoids) circuits before the bridge rectifiers. Because of the missing fuses things can go very wrong with these games. When a short occurs in a bridge rectifier there is a possibility of burning wires from the transformer to the bridge rectifiers. In worst case scenario even the transformer goes up in smoke. In the best case the main fuse blows and turns the machine off.

To remedy this problem simply placing fuses in the circuit before the bridge rectifiers is advised. A very doable solution. Another problem could be the very large capacitor in the 18V circuit. The life expectancy of 10 to 15 years is already long past for all machines. Now isn’t that much of a problem for the controlled lamps, but the electronics might object. When your controlled lamps burn less bright there might also be a problem with the bridge rectifier. All these problems can be fixed by using my brand new Bridge Board.

On this board are the bridge rectifiers, capacitor replacements and the new added fuses. These components can continue to serve you for another 10 to 15 years and are easily available. Simple screw connections, no soldering skills needed. The bridge rectifiers are on the back side of the board and are also used for mounting the board in the back box. This way the bridge rectifiers have the best cooling thru the metal back plate in the back box of the machine. If you want you can also mount the bridge rectifiers on the front of the board, but an extra cooling body is advised and the use of mounting spacers. Additionally this new board also has 2 leds for checking if the exit power is present.

You can use this board in ALL games from Williams System 3 up to System 11A. Data East used a lot of technology from Williams. So you can also use this new Bridge Board for Data East games as well. Even the first 4 games from Sega too.

Complete list of supported games

I do have to mention that Williams solved this fuse problem from System 11B. From this series Williams used an Aux. Power board which has the fuses added. Data East solved this missing fuse problem from their 3rd game (Time Machine).

Despite of the solved problem in Data East games, you can still use the new Bridge Board to replace the large expensive capacitor. The big advantage is that you also replace the old bridge rectifiers and the fuse holders all with one new board.

If you have any questions about this board or its connections, please send me a PM or email. You can also visit my website with all this information at www.inkochnito.nl, just click on the Bridge Board image.

Please email me for the current prices and shipping costs.

Play more Pinball,
Peter
www.inkochnito.nl
Brug Bord 01 klein.jpg

Last edited:
I thought there was interest in my Bridge Board....
So far I haven't heard anything.
All has gone quiet...
No Board for under the Christmas Tree?

I think we were upto 6 in the group buy wasn't we?

Please re-read the first message....

I sell the Bridge Board for 30 euro each. Shipping to the UK would be an additional 13 euro. I can send up to 10 Bridge Boards in one shipping of 13 euro. For 10 Bridge Boards you will get a discount and including shipping for 285 euro.

Peter

If you have a Williams game of this era you definitely need one of these (or to mod the game in some other way).

I know, I learnt the hard way! My Varkon caught fire in the middle of a league meet!

As Arv says: Aye, to one address.

" If you have a Williams game of this era you definitely need one of these (or to mod the game in some other way).
I know, I learnt the hard way! My Varkon caught fire in the middle of a league meet! "

This is exactly why I made these boards.
All upgrades in a single board that isn't hard to diagnose.

Last edited:
** Bump **
Anyone else up for some of these? I think we need one more for the ten, then send em on to my address...

a big thank you to Inkochnito' his bridge board arrived today
does away with the big capacitor and puts everything on a small board for williams 3-11 and data east
IMG_20150715_190711[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom