What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete IMDN Iron Maiden Pro - Cleansing of the Beast

Thanks very much for the kind words @MartinY and @CHRIS B PINBALLS - most appreciated. I felt like my shop log deep clean was a bit of joke compared to the amazing restorations being done by the likes of Keef and Alan, so it's good to have some validation!

I guess I'm not yet burned out cleaning/maintaining dozens of machines :D In fact this is the furthest I've stripped a machine so far - each one I've gone a bit further. Definitely a lot less intimidating now!

@Fubar - after looking at your fantastic work on this thread, you are more than welcome to come and give any of my pins a good cleandown! Nice work...
You certainly have several pins from my want list in your collection! Maybe I should do you a favour and take some of them off your hands 😁

Thanks very much for the kind words @MartinY and @CHRIS B PINBALLS - most appreciated. I felt like my shop log deep clean was a bit of joke compared to the amazing restorations being done by the likes of Keef and Alan, so it's good to have some validation!

I guess I'm not yet burned out cleaning/maintaining dozens of machines :D In fact this is the furthest I've stripped a machine so far - each one I've gone a bit further. Definitely a lot less intimidating now!
Any shop log is good and you are doing a proper job even proper anal if you did fit the fancy flipper bolts hats of to you

Yeah unfortunately the bolts I thought were better won't actually fit. I'm having trouble finding an adequate replacement... :(

Anyway, some progress tonight. Updated 2nd and 3rd posts with pictures of trough cleaning (ugh) and reassembly. All the topside metalwork is back on, as are most of the assemblies except flippers & slings. Next step is probably going to be all the plastics, and ramps. Getting there!

Got most of the upper playfield back together. Used some blue loctite in a few places as appropriate.
Just need to finish upper flipper mechs and the playfield's going back into the cab!
Then slingshots, trough and lower flippers -- almost ready for a game... :)

IMG_3701.JPG

Have to say I'm pretty happy with myself: once I was done putting everything back in, every single screw was accounted for - not a feat I've managed previously! :D
Was pretty anal about always putting fasteners back in when taking stuff apart (you can notice on some of the pics), and it worked.

Updated 2nd and 3rd posts with more pics, just one here.

IMG_3711.JPG

Got some shiny balls and rubber gubbins from @James on Friday - just in time for final reassembly! :clap:
temp.jpg

Unfortunately I chickened out at the prospect of touching the playfield up (sorry!) - for some reason it terrorises me to no end :( Still added several washers under posts/ball guides to make sure it won't worsen.

Played a few games and everything works fine :cool: Also put Neil's disco music on it, so kinda feels like a new machine lol

IMG_3713.JPG Still a long way from beating my high score of 674M...

Last edited:
Gave it a light wax the other day and been enjoying this game. That left outlane does leave me a bit mad sometimes... The truth is I'm not a good enough player for this machine :(

Anyway I took a break this evening to put my own touch on the software side. Rewired the useless TOURNAMENT button like so:

1. Game in progress: sets everyone's score to 0, then starts a random wizard mode (cyborg, rtth, notb, madness)
2. No game in progress: switches soundtrack between stock and disco (in case the pinball police knock on my door!!)

What's extra cool is I can play with madness even though this is a pro and that mode is prem/le only :cool:

Back
Top Bottom