What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade IJ (or maybe TOM) trade for ???

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Hi Guys,

Toying with trading my IJ (or maybe my TOM but would rather the IJ went) for something new. Really only looking at trades rather than a straight sale.

First thoughts would be (in no particular order) TZ, MM, MB, TOTAN, AFM, WH20, Iron Man, Shrek, RBION, Champion Pub, Avatar, Sopranos.

Others considered but you get the drift about the type of machine I'd be interested in.

Cash available to upgrade - (or cash taken in the case of WH20) Or possibly a 2 for 1 deal. Or any mixture.....

Sorry but I can't take two cheaper machines for the IJ/TOM as I have absolutely no space......

Based in Central London.

Drop me a line for more details.

Can sort photos but it would be better to come and see them in the flesh...

Cheers

John

are you feeling alright John? surely you could stash the IJ under the sofa or something? or dig a hole in the garden before the shed arrives, line it with a tarpaulin, put Indy in, cover with another tarp, and bury it for future generations? but trading it is like *selling* it. wow. just ...... wow

Fancy a Shadow, a nice minty one? plus cash obviously, but only a bit (depends on your IJ's value) as my Shadow is an ex-TV's-Will-Barber minty job

Yeah, selling or trading goes against all my natural hording instincts. In an ideal world I'd keep everything but the truth is that I dismantled my IJ a while back to make space for more machines and haven't had the urge to set it back up, so maybe it's time to change it for something else (and then shove a different machine behind the door). Anyway, bit of a case of the "pot calling the kettle black" as I haven't yet hit the stage of crawling under machines to get to the back ones or hired a secret hideaway! (Although I had to lose half a stone + to squeeze by a couple of them):redface:

Never really fancied a Shadow to be honest. Think the moving dagger things are too complex for me. Cheers anyway

See you on Sunday?

i wish i found this hobby 10 or even 5 years ago, when prices were stable and people didn't have to hoard. i was chatting to Dazza, the subject of MM came up, and he mentioned that he'd had a couple over the years. the idea of that happening nowadays is too remote - i think in days gone by there was more trading and less concern that a game may never again be obtainable, the concept of stashing in a lockup must have been inconceiveable back then, but now i hear people asking me 'how much is that?' and 'what's involved in that?' so i know they're thinking of doing the same.

i hear you about not wanting ever to sell or trade. i sold my Goldeneye and my South Park and miss them both. have you sold before?

The Shadow is a wonderful game - the favourite game of Phil from Pinball Heaven, among other notables - and the moving phurbas are fantastic, they turn two ramps into four and define the game. i definitely recommend it if you never had one or spent time with one. it's much more fun, to me, than Indy, which i never really enjoyed. i suggested it only as i knew that Indy would be a nice £2K mobile marker for me to use as a guaranteed chip for the next one after that. Choose wisely.

see you Sunday mate, looking forward to it.

nun smokeinforjesus.jpg

Make the 10 mile journey and see it:boink:

Always regret selling, I still rue the day that I sold my JP (less so Hook and T3). Bloody high prices make me extremely reluctant to sell as I don't want to cough another grand to buy the same machine again 6 months later - grrr.

You don't have to hoard them. Sell em! I've been in the hobby for about 3 years and I've owned 16!!
I loved all of them (well apart from Hurricane!).
I guess what I'm saying is; Dan, sell me you RollerGames:)
it'll look a treat with my BoP, Taxi, WW and ES;-)

OK, Dan's shamed me into tracking down some photos of the IJ. Not sure how big these will come out as. These were taken about 2 months ago before I shoved it in the corner of the room. Hopefully clicking on these will make them bigger, if not give me a shout. Playfield glass almost certainly covered in cat paw prints at the time of the photos!

Generally - plays well, good strong DMD. Everything works as it should including the idol, drop targets and POA.

WP_000050.jpg

WP_000056.jpg

Cab - faded. But lets face it, it's an IJ, so no surprise there. You can actually by the decals again now but I'm too tight to pay out at the moment.:redface:

WP_000057.jpg

WP_000055.jpg

Playfield. One small section of wear (actually very small) up near the bumpers. Nothing near the flippers. Probably could be easily touched up if it bothers you.

Dents in the side rails where someone has over tightened a strap in the past.

TOM.

New DMD 2 months ago. New Trunk motor and gear box fitted to ensure it turns fast enough. Pinbits auto eddy adjustment fitted to trunk (makes a massive difference).

WP_000042.jpg

WP_000043.jpg

WP_000044.jpg

WP_000046.jpg

Backbox is scrappy especially on RHS BUT I also have new decals to redo this. Rest of CAB good/very good.

"Spirit Ring" playfield insert has been chipped but again I have a set of NOS decals to replace this (just never been certain how to do it)

Some chipping at base of ramps but covered by protectors.

Plays very well.

More photos available, drop me a line

Back
Top Bottom