What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IJ and the temple of doom

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Thought I would try watching the second IJ movie again. Never made it all the way through before. I’m 20 mins in and I really really want the screeching woman and annoying kid to meet a really nasty end.

It’s got to be one of the worst movies of all time to be made into a pin. Even twister has a better plot.

I must have been a few years older and never saw it at the time. Still like the first one (although when rewatching it yesterday it is very OTT)

Just given up and unloaded the dishwasher. Came back and the woman is still screaming for no real reason.

I also somehow seem to have combined this film in my mind with one of the bond films with elephants and eating monkeys.

I love Temple of Doom! My second favourite after Raiders and also spawned one of my most played arcade games :D The first 3 are all awesome IMO but the 4th one is pretty crap and was a huge disappointment :(

Didn’t see Crusade until the mid 90s but liked it.

Remember seeing IJ4 and thinking it was pretty bad.

I’m finally half way through this one. Lots of screaming and not much plot so far.

Strange how you know films even if you’ve never seen them. I knew about the monkey brains from the pin and there’s a mine cart scene coming up. Similarly I could summarise the plot of the first three starwars movies despite only ever seeing the first one, guess I picked up the plots in the playground.

I have the Indiana Jones blu ray boxset and really wish it didn't include the 4th film. Temple of Doom is great. Recently watch the first three film with my son. Remember the Pin is based on the first 3 films.

This is what we all think of the 4th film

Managed to make it to the end for the first time ever. Enjoyed the bit when the annoying kid got slapped more than I should have. Felt that there was a lot less plot than in number 1 and 3.

Not sure if I’ve got the strength to check out goonies or the karate kid. Kind of think I should watch more than 10 mins of them and the weather looks crap over the weekend. One of the unintended consequences of having parents who bought a Betamax video is that I missed a lot of Films my peers watched.

Remember going to cinema to see Temple of Doom, is it the uncensored copy - pulls heart from chest scene, remember feeling a bit queasy at that aged 9, how they got that past the BBFC is a mystery.

Temple of Doom is my fave, honest.

Harrison Ford's Cantonese in the card playing scene is spot on. Easily as good as Don Cheadle's in Rush Hour 2. 😆 The bit where he's about to cut the rope not so good. Short Round mustn't have taught him as well for that.

There are only a few thing people can say that make me review if I want to know them.
Not seeing the Goonies is one of them.

Marmite.. Hate it!

I work with a lot of younger people. A lot of them haven’t seen Indiana Jones, Rocky.. Terminator 1 &2, Back To The Future, The Goonies, Die Hard, DirthHarry, Blues Brothers.. the list goes on..

I almost slapped one of them when they said that Daniel Graig was the only James Bond!

young people - pah!

Randomly my six form girls told me last week that Lemmy looked identical to “Hannah Montana’s dad”. (Billy Ray Cirus for those not in the know).

Rough translation. All old white blokes with long hair look the same to them, 🤣

Regarding the goonies. As a child I saw about 10 mins of it and realised it was utter rubbish, so turned it off. (I was 24 or so before seeing anything Muppet related as it was on the forbidden channel growing up. In our house it was either BBC or reading a book. I still occasionally run into other people my age who’s parents had a similar view to ITV)

I was an Indy nut as a kid and Temple of Doom was my favourite. Watching it now it's comfortably the weakest of the original trilogy. The tone is all off, it's too dark and doesn't feel like Indy. Short round never shuts up, Willie is forever screaming and let's face it, she's no Marion. I do still like the film and love parts of it, some of the set pieces etc, the bridge scene is a stone cold classic.

As for the Crystal Skull. I recently gave it my first rewatch after hating it on release. Unfortunately it's just as bad as I remember. It's annoying too as for about half an hour at the start it's okay.... Ish? But yeah, absolute mess overall. Ray Winston somehow upstages Shia Leboufs sh1tness. Impressive.

Raiders, Crusade and even Adventures of Young Indy are all amazing though imo. So much so I'd rather like a Stern Indiana Jones before too long.

Isn’t Shortround the same basic concept as Jar Jar Binks. ie a comedy sidekick for kids that all adults hate? (I’m going on my understanding of JarJar here as I’ve never seen him outside of my sons Lego Star Wars game)

Back
Top Bottom