What's new

Idiot or Genius ?

DRD

Registered
A mate of mine has offered a crapped out car with MOT for sale on the web for the princely sum of £160.

It prompted this superb response from an interested party ...

"Can u send me a picher of it and how much mialag and the reg plat and wot liter it is and is it petrol or deasal plz"

I am not guilty !

You do have to be careful when you flog things on the net though. Sifting time wasters/ morons from those who had the misfortune to be educated under tony blair (10 A stars, but with competency in English that would have got them caned when my grandparents were at school) is extremely difficult.

Some folk out there have appalling English skills yet are perfectly pleasant when you meet them and they turn up with cash.

If the average IQ is 100 then for every bright person you meet there is an utter moron out there to counter balance things.

Sometimes it's utterly amazing how thick some people are. I used to teach a level 1 course in the 6th form. (Basically the equivalent of a GCSE at G/F level for 16/17 year old students). It was based on Travel & Tourism and the girls had 12 weeks to complete an itinerary about going to Thorpe Park. I was naïve it the tie and didn't quite realise why it would take so long. Lesson 1. I printed out copies of Thorpe Parks opening hours and a train timetable. As a class we talked about Thorpe Park and highlighted that it was open from 10:00 - 18:00. So far so good. Now for some questions....

Me "What time does the park open"
Them "10 in the morning". All highlight the information.
Me "So what time should we aim to get there?"
Student 1 "1 pm"
Me :confused: "Err but you just said the park opens at 10 am. So what time should we aim to get there?"
Student 2 "7 am"
Me FFS - the park opens at 10 am. You've all highlighted it. Roughly what time should we aim to get there?
Student 3 "14:45"

ARRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH

Trust me dealing with truly thick people is like being in One flew over the cuckoo's nest. They live in a very confused world and just blunder their way through. I took some comfort that year that whilst they learnt nothing academic at least by being in school they were significantly less likely to get pregnant for a year. Three years later they will all have had kids and the cycle begins again....

Some folk out there have appalling English skills yet are perfectly pleasant when you meet them and they turn up with cash.
Similarly I've met many illiterate people with a ****-tonne of money. It's not always what you know...

Back
Top Bottom