What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for stern?

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
maybe I've been listening to too much pink floyd this weekend, or because every other stern game is a rock band theme now, but I couldn't help thinking a pink floyd pinball would be great.

Imagine the song 'time' off dark side as shooter groove and main play! Plenty of iconic tracks for different modes to :)

a pink floyd pinball would be great.
agreed. The Great Gig in the Sky, Us and Them, Comfortably Numb, Brick in the Wall, all have some great sections that would work well. Even Seamus the dog could work in a pinch.

Have to stick to the noisy guitar bits though to drown out the clacking solenoids, so no Wish You Were Here (the song not the album) or Animals or most of Meddle.

Wonderful art too. If you build it I will play it

Were pink Floyd huge in the US though? I'd suspect we'll see Zeplin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, ZZ top etc before them.

Kind of like the idea of a hippy rock theme though. Could we extend it to a Gong or Ozric Tentacles game?

Bloke on FB had a picture of a Grateful Dead pinball on a teatowel or something. I expect that would a smaller fan base crossover than Floyd though.

Don't under estimate how ****ing huge the Grateful Dead were/are in the US

www.billboard.com_files_styles_promo_650_public_media_gratefuld7814db6a19ae593e4ee73a1f39e679d.jpg

I know this is a "last ever gig" but I think tickers were about £400 a pop and the main bloke is dead. There are a lot of very rich ex-hippies out there and if only 1% of them would buy a pin then Stern would be rolling in it.

Now in the UK we had Hawkwind instead:clap:I suspect I might be the only one who would buy one (although I bet the Sgt would be knocking on my door to play it - Hall of the Mountain Grill multiball - yeah)

Don't under estimate how ****ing huge the Grateful Dead were/are in the US

www.billboard.com_files_styles_promo_650_public_media_gratefuld7814db6a19ae593e4ee73a1f39e679d.jpg

I know this is a "last ever gig" but I think tickers were about £400 a pop and the main bloke is dead. There are a lot of very rich ex-hippies out there and if only 1% of them would buy a pin then Stern would be rolling in it.

Now in the UK we had Hawkwind instead:clap:I suspect I might be the only one who would buy one (although I bet the Sgt would be knocking on my door to play it - Hall of the Mountain Grill multiball - yeah)
I was in California the day Jerry Garcia died. I **** you not, there were hordes of tie dyed fans wandering dazed in tears all over the place. Bloody stupid hippies [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom