What's new

Sold IC - TAF £5995

jonathan

Site Supporter
My Dad is interested in moving on his TAF. I'm being brutally honest with the condition, and if I get no interest here I will try my luck on Facebook Marketplace where I'm sure it will sell

Game history:
Bought this from France around 10 years ago. Has been sat in my Dad's game room ever since. I rebuilt the flippers when it was bought and it's had a few re-rubbers and new balls over the years. The only repairs it's needed are a couple of bridge rectifiers and a new diode on the Thing Flips.

Cab condition:
Cab had some damage under the right front leg when I bought it. I've repaired this with wood filler and the inside of the cab has been reinforced with a leg plate. The artwork is in good nick with no names scraped in or any gouges out of it that I can see. No cracks in the cloud topper. Couple of bolt holes in the front

Playfield condition:
Game has previously had a full playfield mylar covering it so 95% of it is in very good condition. Mansion area has little no wear. Scoops all in good condition and the Fester scoop has a cliffy on. Unfortunately an operator in decades gone by has (I asssume) used a stanley knife to remove parts of the mylar that had lifted, resulting in some scratch/score marks on the playfield. The worst of these are on the inlanes (see pictures). No cracks to ramps that I can see. There is currently an EOS flipper error showing which I will look at fixing if I get time. Doesn't effect the game and is likely a broken wire or solder joint on the flipper.

Extras:
PDI glass
SIdeblades
Leg protectors
Uncle Fester mod
Full LED conversion

Summary:
So this is very much an honest "players condition" machine. It's sat still for 10 years and never skipped a beat. It's not a mint restore, but could form the basis of one if that's your bag. Game is located in County Durham and my Dad is just looking for a newer Stern to replace it with. Given the price of said newer Stern's he's looking for £5995.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5EC2F027-C98C-49B8-83DC-10DBC766F05D.jpeg

Attachments

• A7922EB2-FAA5-4F3B-B75E-25CD67EC1804.jpeg
    A7922EB2-FAA5-4F3B-B75E-25CD67EC1804.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9745.JPG
    IMG_9745.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9744.JPG
    IMG_9744.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9743.JPG
    IMG_9743.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9742.JPG
    IMG_9742.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9727.JPG
    IMG_9727.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9726.JPG
    IMG_9726.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
well seen much worse for lots more money .bargain...to be fair....nice condition

easily mate....any one else think this is really cheap?
As a TAF owner, I'd say definitely yes!
If I was looking for one and came across this at this price, I'd assume it was a scam of some sort for sure (not suggesting that yours is, btw) 😄

I hope buyer was hunting for a TAF as his grail as it was very affordable. Bit worried we could see this flipping on ebay for 8k plus .

As an ex TAF owner I really struggle to see this as cheap. I mean, let's not get crazy people. You can't complain about the price of things when you're talking them up.
Speaking for myself, I was talking about the price that they generally go for, not how much I think they are worth. Those two things aren't necessarily the same. One is a fact, the other an opinion.

Speaking for myself, I was talking about the price that they generally go for, not how much I think they are worth. Those two things aren't necessarily the same. One is a fact, the other an opinion.
There are no facts when it comes to pinball prices, other than the fact that they're expensive. They're at least double the price they were 5 years ago - when they were already expensive. Let's not proliferate this madness with use of the word cheap.

There are no facts when it comes to pinball prices, other than the fact that they're expensive. They're at least double the price they were 5 years ago - when they were already expensive. Let's not proliferate this madness with use of the word cheap.
I think you just proved my point.
It's all relative, like it or not, that's a cheap price in comparison to others.
Same applies to fuel. I go to the petrol station that's cheapest. Its cheap by comparison to the others. Still expensive to fill my tank.
Your point seems to be that you're angry at the hike in pinball prices, and that's a whole other discussion.

If it's a game I'm looking for, it's too expensive.

If it's a game I own, it's too cheap.

/thread ;)
I've seen that happen, you're right, but this isn't the case here
If it's a game I'm looking for, it's too expensive.

If it's a game I own, it's too cheap.

/thread ;)
Or... it's just what a particular game generally goes for at a given time, TAF gets a lot of hate because of its inflated value compared to others. There's always fluctuations in price, this appeared to be a bit of a nose dive and that's why it's being discussed so ardently I think.
Same went in reverse for another TAF recently in really bad condition, people were getting animated about it even though the buyer never disclosed how much he paid.
Just like the classic car world I'm used to, we've all got our opinions but the market will ultimately decide the going rate, fairly or otherwise.
I don't think I got 'bent over' for mine. Of course I would have happily paid less, but it's what they were going for at the time, I got a fair deal.
If the **** falls out of its value when I want to sell, then I'll have to put my big girl pants on and suck it up no matter how unfair I think it is.
It's a gamble, I was fully aware of that when I bought it.

I've seen that happen, you're right, but this isn't the case here

Or... it's just what a particular game generally goes for at a given time, TAF gets a lot of hate because of its inflated value compared to others. There's always fluctuations in price, this appeared to be a bit of a nose dive and that's why it's being discussed so ardently I think.
Same went in reverse for another TAF recently in really bad condition, people were getting animated about it even though the buyer never disclosed how much he paid.
Just like the classic car world I'm used to, we've all got our opinions but the market will ultimately decide the going rate, fairly or otherwise.
I don't think I got 'bent over' for mine. Of course I would have happily paid less, but it's what they were going for at the time, I got a fair deal.
If the **** falls out of its value when I want to sell, then I'll have to put my big girl pants on and suck it up no matter how unfair I think it is.
It's a gamble, I was fully aware of that when I bought it.
I don't think TAF as a pin value will ever fall, only get stronger as more and more stay in collections and less in circulation. But I think pinball prices as a whole could well fall the way the country economy is going. Been a few well priced games sat a while in for sale recently which shows the market is slowing down and ppl little bit more picky with what they want and what they will pay.

I don't think TAF as a pin value will ever fall, only get stronger as more and more stay in collections and less in circulation. But I think pinball prices as a whole could well fall the way the country economy is going. Been a few well priced games sat a while in for sale recently which shows the market is slowing down and ppl little bit more picky with what they want and what they will pay.
I got told otherwise.

Apparently Martin's never been busier he's literally doing pins every day.

Sales are happening, just not on here.

I got told otherwise.

I didn't say pins where not moving hands, just the prices will start to fall and people will be more picky with what they want and what they pay.

I got told otherwise.

Yup his van was totally full yesterday when he collected from me

Back
Top Bottom