What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really hope this is just another Fake News Story

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Had these txts from a mate today seems a bit over the top and he doesn’t usually send stuff like this

8CC324B2-5EB7-4707-90C0-6A00A2C0EACA.jpeg6A82E75F-43F4-467D-A818-8B0D9F4E315E.jpeg

Mmm...pretty sure the Prince Philip thing is BS. Army though...yeah probably. We have no Police force. Just a Police farce. So very likely marshal law. And if you ever read Orwell you should know what comes next.

It's hard to believe anything nowadays, even from supposedly trusted sources. So much instant information repeated becomes 'fact' just because enough people are repeating it. It literally spreads like a virus.

Ive seen the same thing from 3 different sources..... Tend to think it's BS, however i wouldnt be surprised if it was true...!!

I suspect the Friday lock down thing is true.

hardly anyone is on the tubes in London.
today we had 44 teachers off sick in school (SLT then decided today was the best time to hold a fire drill. Not the best way to socially distance)
lots of kids I trust rang to say they had fevers and coughs.

a lock down will only work here with a military presence. Too many people in a small area to be otherwise. It’s going to be a pressure cooker environment.

you can feel tension in the shops and the transport links.

There will be a lockdown for people who can't justify being out. Police have been granted powers of arrest for people they suspect are infected. The whole thing is ****ing crazy to be honest. Enslavement has begun.

Unknown about the Prince Philip thing but a relative of mine today sent me photos of sh*t loads of army vehicles going in both directions on the M5. It's happening, they're getting ready.

These sent by a mate last night. Can't vouch for the authenticity but apparently taken yesterday

IMG-20200318-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200318-WA0012.jpg

What I can confirm was that there was a massive police presence in Oxford St last night in the expectation of looting. Considering that, it's not a massive jump to expect the army to get deployed also.

I’m off to work in a bit. If I see any troops etc I’ll take a photo. My gut feeling is they won’t be deployed until tomorrow at the earliest.

I've heard similar stories re troops/PP from typically reliable places but only time will tell if real or the usual bandits at work spinning the plausible into sick/worrying fiction

The police presence at least is real - my wife works on Oxford st

My lad works just off of Oxford street - he was saying the same last night...
Although the Tubes are almost empty, so he said that was a bonus!

No army out any where I’ve been this morning. Trains are empty though. My tube is normally so full you have to fight your way on.

Attachments

• 2FFF4B18-9CCA-4C7A-BF8E-38C3E1355D9F.jpeg
    2FFF4B18-9CCA-4C7A-BF8E-38C3E1355D9F.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 41
  • D12C3686-6D82-4D79-9E66-B48BF436558D.jpeg
    D12C3686-6D82-4D79-9E66-B48BF436558D.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 38
This sort of crap has been doing the rounds in Ireland all week.
For some reason the people forwarding them are acting like the are "in the know" or my uncles cousin ,brother was in a meeting.
They never have names or faces or sources because they are fake.

Sorry but this is exactly the kind of scaremongering that fuels panic. If you don't know, don't spread rumour and this is a pinball forum. Please delete this thread

Exactly why i'm not - it illustrates how Fake news can be sent out and people will believe it...

1. is in the General discussion forum, therefore doesnt need to be pinball related.
2. Is clear from the above that it's Fake (and also with feedback from others to confirm).

Reactions: JMP
The military trucks is definitely fake in so far as it's not in the UK. But a reverse image search on Tineye indicates it hasn't been downloaded from the internet. Looks like Poland or somewhere like that. I'm pretty sure they have 3 tax disc type things in the windscreen in Poland.

Back
Top Bottom