What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am very pleased to announce the latest inductees to the UK Pinball Hall of Fame.

Gary Flower

Site Supporter
I am very pleased to announce the latest inductees to the UK Pinball Hall of Fame.

**************** The Northern Lights Pinball Crew (NLP) including, Darren Ball (@replicas), David Dutton (@DAD), Paul Garner (@Wizcat), Simon Lowe (@mc505afm), Nigel Lunt (@BOP), Mark Robinson, Dave Sibson (@Pudsey pinball), Simon White, Chris Williams (@Poibug)

Set up to promote pinball to a new and younger audience and to raise money for charity; for more than 10 years NLP have provided the pinball element at Play Expo with the goal of entertaining and educating a wider audience.

Initially they provided 11 pins, over time this rose to 131 pintables!

Additionally, they have organised several shows as well as touring with the Fastbreak challenge and providing technical and logistical support to several of the other UK Pinball shows including PinFest, NERG, South Coast Slam and various Scottish shows.

Secondly, they have raised approximately £40,000 for charities. The main beneficiary is the Teenage Cancer Trust with smaller/local charities also benefiting.

************* Paul Brock

For his sterling work in providing the www.Pinballinfo.com forum over the last 11 years.

This forum is the glue that binds our pinball community together racking up approximately 17,000 visits per month.

The Pinballinfo forum is primarily a discussion forum. It provides news and facilitates in depth discussion and opinions on multiple topics. It has its own marketplace where site supporters can buy, sell and trade parts and machines. It allows the posting of Events (promoting UK league and Shows both in the UK and worldwide) which helps spread the word and fly the flag for Pinball.

Technical support and knowledge is shared by contributors – they are the most valuable “asset” the site has!

Pinballinfo has supported several charities by promoting the fundraising activities of its members and has indirectly, by the sale of some products, raised a significant amount for charities and good causes (Cancer research, Local hospitals and The Stoke association to name three).

**************** Lyman F. Sheats Jr.

For his commitment above and beyond during his career (1993-2022) as a pinball operating system designer and game software engineer working for Data East, Midway Games and Stern Pinball.

Many people will not be aware that much of Lyman’s work was done in his own time because he was passionate that any game he worked on should be the best it could be.

Lyman’s contribution was not only the software but, importantly, the formulation of extensive rules and integrated gameplay that make him outstanding in his chosen field.

Lyman’s credits include: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Spider-man, AC/DC, Batman ’66, Cactus Canyon Remake.

Excellent Gary! Perfectly done!

Congratulations to all those mentioned, very worthy indeed.

Incredibly humbled. Completely shocked. The NLP Crew are completely totally deserving of this (so much moreso than myself), with the amount of time, effort, organisation that they put into supporting shows and also the help and dedication they show others.

Lyman is just a legend, and i dont deserve to even be mentioned in the same post as him. Rest in Peace Sir.

I'm just a person that runs a forum.... I am lucky enough to have @mufcmufc and @Calimori (and deffo a worthy mention here to @Sgt GrizZ) who are/were the best co-admins you could ever wish for, and a site full of pinball players who are the best in the world at helping, supporting, and spreading the word.

Completely and honestly gobsmacked right now.

Massive congratulations to everyone. 👋👋👋 (that's a clapping emoji and not a slap btw)

Penni asked that Lyman's recognition be posted on pinside. I don't have an account so could someone do the honor for me please..? Perhaps @Gary Flower would be the best person to post it on pinside?

Thank you all for your kind messages,I’m very proud and honoured to have been considered and to be inducted in to the hall of fame,it goes without saying I’m blessed to have made such good friends within the pinball community over the last 15 years,and being part of such a wonderful team that is the nlp and all the pinball peeps I know through the other events and here on pinball info..

**************** The Northern Lights Pinball Crew (NLP) including, Darren Ball (@replicas), David Dutton (@DAD), Paul Garner (@Wizcat), Simon Lowe (@mc505afm), Nigel Lunt (@BOP), Mark Robinson, Dave Sibson (@Pudsey pinball), Simon White, Chris Williams (@Poibug)

Set up to promote pinball to a new and younger audience and to raise money for charity; for more than 10 years NLP have provided the pinball element at Play Expo with the goal of entertaining and educating a wider audience.

Initially they provided 11 pins, over time this rose to 131 pintables!

Additionally, they have organised several shows as well as touring with the Fastbreak challenge and providing technical and logistical support to several of the other UK Pinball shows including PinFest, NERG, South Coast Slam and various Scottish shows.

Secondly, they have raised approximately £40,000 for charities. The main beneficiary is the Teenage Cancer Trust with smaller/local charities also benefiting.

************* Paul Brock

For his sterling work in providing the www.Pinballinfo.com forum over the last 11 years.

This forum is the glue that binds our pinball community together racking up approximately 17,000 visits per month.

The Pinballinfo forum is primarily a discussion forum. It provides news and facilitates in depth discussion and opinions on multiple topics. It has its own marketplace where site supporters can buy, sell and trade parts and machines. It allows the posting of Events (promoting UK league and Shows both in the UK and worldwide) which helps spread the word and fly the flag for Pinball.

Technical support and knowledge is shared by contributors – they are the most valuable “asset” the site has!

Pinballinfo has supported several charities by promoting the fundraising activities of its members and has indirectly, by the sale of some products, raised a significant amount for charities and good causes (Cancer research, Local hospitals and The Stoke association to name three).

**************** Lyman F. Sheats Jr.

For his commitment above and beyond during his career (1993-2022) as a pinball operating system designer and game software engineer working for Data East, Midway Games and Stern Pinball.

Many people will not be aware that much of Lyman’s work was done in his own time because he was passionate that any game he worked on should be the best it could be.

Lyman’s contribution was not only the software but, importantly, the formulation of extensive rules and integrated gameplay that make him outstanding in his chosen field.

Lyman’s credits include: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Spider-man, AC/DC, Batman ’66, Cactus Canyon Remake.

All great guys, apart from me😁
RIP Lyman

Back
Top Bottom