What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use the new Marketplace/Classifieds Section

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

This isnt live yet, however it will be later today. I wanted to post something to tell you have to use it (as it's a little more involved than just starting a thread....)

To post an Ad in the Pinballinfo Marketplace…

Firstly, as before, you must be a "site supporter" to be able to post in these categories.

This involves making a site donation here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/dbtech-donate/
You can then access and post. This access lasts 12 months from when you last made a donation.

Firstly select “Classifieds” from the top menu.. This is how you access the Market/Classifieds Section..

1609676275714.png

Then select “Post Ad” from the top right…

1609674895981.png

You will then see a list prompting you to choose which category you wish to post in..

1609674914514.png

I have used @cathaldub 's recent Ad selling a Fishtales, since it is comprehensive – I hope you don’t mind @cathaldub !!

So – after filling in the first few fields, you then have to select “Ad Type – For Sale” as below..

1609674977448.png

This opens a number of options…

1609674995355.png

Some of these may or may not refer to the Ad you are posting…. (for example, it’s unlikely you will need to set the “amount available” as you would only be selling one!)

A Brief explanation:

Accept offers – Allows a prospective Buyer to make an offer on the item.

Set price range – Useful when posting a number of items e.g. A number of Manuals. (If applicable, however not recommended!)

Set Sale price – If you post an item for say £10,000, and after a week it hasn’t sold, you can amend the price to a “sale” price. This shows what it was originally set at, and what you are prepared to sell at now.

Set amount available – As above, unlikely on a table unless you have several! (If applicable)

Set amount sold – Lets you show how many you have previously sold! (If applicable)

The rest should be fairly self explanatory, however location has a twist…

Ad Expire length – This is set to 30 days by default for machine and parts sales, and 90 days for wanted Ads. After 30/90 days the Ad will “Expire” automatically. As the seller, if this hasn’t sold then you can re-list it and this will re-post for another 30 days.

Location – The best way to input the location is to put in your postcode (with a space!). This will give an area identifying a bunch of houses, generally respecting your location’s anonymity. Outside the UK it should be formatted City, Country.

Then you get to put all the details about the item itself… The good bits, and the bad bits. I have created a simple two box template for Machine Sales and Trades which will ask for Good bits and Bad bits separately.

1609675056512.png

For Machine Sales, you MUST include least one picture to be able to post it... Preferably as many as possible.

Tags are quite useful on your Ads – They can allow people to search for specific machines or features.

Finally, you have to tick the box to agree to accept the forum terms and conditions for posting the Ad. T&C’s can be found here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/help/marketplace/

This gives something like the following:

1609675237288.png
1609675262350.png

Which produces an Ad :

1609675669684.png

And this adds it to the List of Machines for sale In this case)…

1609675707301.png

PLEASE IGNORE THE DOUBLE THREAD PREFIXES - THIS ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED!!

Options as a potential Buyer :

1609675762045.png

Contact seller opens a conversation with the Seller to discuss…

1609675777642.png

Make offer allows you to make a specific offer for the item, and opens the following:

1609675796671.png

This will allow you to submit an offer, which will be valid for a period of time of your choosing (12 hours/1 day/2 days).

Ask a Question allows you to do exactly that. This is publicly Viewable in a new “Questions” tab :

1609675817056.png

Options as a Seller:

If an offer is made by a potential buyer, this will appear and you get a chance to Accept/Reject/Counter offer….

1609675856137.png

1609675881435.png

You can then Mark the item as sold….

1609675896491.png
1609675907355.png

1609675994569.png

The item then disappears from the listings and only remains in your “Sold listings” ….

You can also “Close” the listing, however this is normally used for the sales of multiple items, so please do not use.

1609676019082.png

1609676037645.png

So – what happens if the seller is unable to complete the agreed transaction???

You can click on “Your sold Ads”… and on the right side…. You have an “open” option… which then brings up this requester…

1609676065589.png

This makes it available again for all to view 😊

If all has gone swimmingly, and your machine has successfully sold, you can click on the “Add Transaction” to add specifics ….

1609676080256.png
1609676089668.png

This gives you a reference back to who bought it and how much they paid you, plus other specifics…

1609676119690.png

For parts you can even put Dates shipped and Tracking info in there (useful for those that might sell a number of parts and want to track back in the case of non-arrival).

If you have completed a transaction… you can leave Feedback…

Go to Your Content -> Your Transactions

Click on the sale/purchase in question…

1609676137115.png

And Select “post Feedback”

1609676150431.png

This will allow you to post feedback on this item/Sale…

1609676184869.png

1609676229920.png

Unfortunately there is no way to lock the Feedback down to only transactions. Anyone found to abuse this system WILL be banned... Hopefully this will be amended in the future (however it is done to add flexibility).

Last edited:
Browsing & searching through the historical sales posts has been very useful (to me) when researching a particular table. What is the reasoning behind hiding expired ads?

Expired ads are no longer viewable by anyone other than staff and the user who posted the ad.

May I suggest that expired ads instead be moved into an "Archive" category?

So apparently (and will need to double check this once there are a few ad's up and have sold/expired....)

Ad Status = Open, Closed/Expired, Sold

Everyone that can view Classifieds can view Open, Closed and Sold Ads.

Only the Ad Owner or Moderators with applicable permissions, can view an Expired Ad.

When you set an Ad to SOLD, you are setting the Ad Status to SOLD, so if you change an Expired Ad to SOLD, it changes from Expired to Sold, which means that anyone can view it.

So i may have been wrong with the above... (Unfortunately i cant check every eventuality :) )

These does seem a way to be able to view "Sold" by filtering on "expired" ads in the listing - however by default it will only display those that are "Active"....

Will report back once we have a few on there :)

Last edited:
Hi I don't see the post ad button, do I need to donate first, how do I do that?

As was previous (oops, i missed mentioning this - will edit it now!), Sales/Wants/Trades can be made by site supporters only...

This happens by making a donation here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/dbtech-donate/

Once this is done, you should get access to the "classified section" as per above.

Many thanks
Paul

Back
Top Bottom