What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a Site Donation (and support the site).

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So after several issues with the old Add-on, and in the absence of anything currently "better" that works, Ive decided to go to the internal "user upgrades" system.... It works with no known issues.
Current subscribers will stay in the existing "old" portal until such time as they donate via the "new" one - if people believe their old site donation has an issue then please continue to contact me!

The only downside to this new system is that you can only select a single "upgrade" once. I have therefore created several identical "upgrades". So for example, one may be for a yearly site subscription to allow you to sell/Trade/Buy. Another may be a voluntary donation after selling a machine.

1663594554340.png

There is a new available option here - a Recurring Subscription - This allows you to subscribe for a period of time, and this will auto-renew on expiration of the previous one.
This is set at £10 for 6 months, or £10 for every 12 months - the choice is yours (Some people may want a recurring subscription every 6 months to increase the support of the site... the choice is yours!).

How to Donate :

If you go to your "username" (Top right of thew forum) - Single click on it, and it comes up with a drop down menu. One of the options is "Site Donation"...

1663596041263.png

If you click on this it will take you to the page at the top. Select your required option, and it will take you to Paypal to make your donation, based upon the amount you chose.
If you choose recurring subscription, it is worth noting that this isnt always accepted - it is dependant on your Account type (Although i havent come accross this issue yet or in my testing!).

At the bottom of the "Site Donation" page, it will show you your current "upgrades".....

1663596629904.png

If you have made multiple donations within the last 12 months, it will list all that are current (so will be more than one). Just a quirk of the system.
Unfortunately there is no way to put in user-selectable amounts at this time.

I have also put in place a reminder which will message you 7 days before your account expires - Please remember if you have made multiple donations this will happen for each one (so may mean that an older one will expire, but not the last one - if you get my understanding - so please Check the bottom of the "site Donation" page to see what is currently active and expiry dates.

This isnt perfect, however it works with a minimal amount of inconvenience until such time as something suitable becomes available or I manage to comission something custom that works!

Many thanks to everyone for their ongoing support for our site - It is appreciated - Every Penny keeps the site running!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom