What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much?!

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
Me and the misses went to one of those home and lifestyle exhibitions this weekend. Mostly the usual stuff, garden furniture, hot tubs and people trying to sell you complete ****e you'll use once and lose it in the back of a cupboard.

Then in the distance I saw a table football and as I got closer a retro coke bottle machine and neon signs, it was a man cave/games room company and they even had a pin!
13101059_10156870306270472_452375954_n.jpg
So I put on a credit and start playing. A chap who works there starts talking to me about the pin giving it all the patter, it's all original from the USA, refurbished to the highest level (it was in very good condition to be fair). I told him I had a couple to which he replied, well would you like one more? I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and asked how much? I knew it was going to be a lot but I didn't think anywhere near this! :cuckoo::rofl:
13090512_10156870306255472_2032487418_n.jpg

After I picked my jaw up off the floor I told him that I had enough for now :rofl:

Jesus!! Did you educate him what it's worth or just leave him blissfully in his own little world.

I couldn't be bothered getting into it so left him in his ridiculously over priced bubble!

I couldn't be bothered getting into it so left him in his ridiculously over priced bubble!

Looks like a company though, so....retail prices - I'm not and will continue to not be suprised by what these people want. To quote various users on pinside: 10k by Christmas.

True, retail prices are a different thing.
20+ year old Baywatch or NIB Ghostbusters, GOT, Metallica, etc.

Thing is, some dope will end up paying way over the odds for it thinking there isn't anywhere else but Ebay to buy a 'used' one.

Thing is, some dope will end up paying way over the odds for it thinking there isn't anywhere else but Ebay to buy a 'used' one.

And then 4 months later when he's bored of it and the company has explictly stated all sales are final, try to flog it on eBay and we can all have a good laugh in the eBay thread.

Lots of rip off merchants attend exhibitions like this. Some genuinely sell fair products, but plenty do not

There is always one question to ask yourself......

"If x is such a good product, and given that the uk has one of the most sophisticated retail industries in the world, why is this not sold in shops?"

Thing is their target market are people who work in the city and want an ornament to sit in the corner as a conversation piece to discuss with their expensive friends:

"It was made in the US, and has been refurbished to the highest standard!" (just don't ask me how to switch it on, I have a man for that)

Back
Top Bottom