What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many pinball machines do you think are in the UK

How many Pinball machines are there in the UK?

• Total voters
2,871 listed in Pinball Owners so I would guess around 6k ?
only 538 are in the UK though.

A clever person could export the far right 'no. of pins' column and add them all up though. It'd maybe cover 50-75% of UK owners perhaps? I expect lots of accounts are incorrect and out of date though.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 5.17.49 pm.png

I casted my vote. I don't really know why I did it. I don't know the answer and it is hardly a poll.
Anyway out of the x number of games in the UK, 5 are at my house!

I suspect many more than "we" are aware of... also judging by the fact that they appear every week on Gumtree and Ebay at sky high prices!

I'd guess at least 10,000 thanks to people just holding onto things and leaving them (well until they move house, and then you'd see it for sale)

There’s over 1000 towns/cities in the U.K.

Even if we guess 10 machines per town we hit the 10,000 figure. (I have no idea how many are in London alone but I could probably tell you the location of 200 odd).

I suspect there’s lot of old ems etc stuck in people’s sheds.

how many members do we have on here? What’s the average number of machines for them?

I didnt have any a year ago.. Now I have 3.. Ooops.

There is a place near me, called West Malling. Pinside map shows someone called Mission65 lives there and has 75 pins!! Thats 5 mins away, I wish I knew them!! :)
Hi, when COVID is over, be very happy to play some pins with a fellow local pinballer

are we talking hoarding wrecks like Arv's or actual working set up or working machines?

If pinball owners is 50% wrong then that's about 5000-6000 which seems reasonable to me. I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

Neil.

hmm reading that back it doesn't look so good :D But I always thought from what Arv said that most of his games were projects but I might be wrong. I've never seen a photo of Arv and his games which has some nice titles on the list.

I want to see a pic of Arvs out building filled with some of his pins, that building he showed a few years back was awesome looking, old stone walls etc.

the contrast with the contents will be cool

If pinball owners is 50% wrong then that's about 5000-6000 which seems reasonable to me. I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

Neil.
I'd be surprised if one 1 of every 2 pinballs in the UK is listed in Pinball Owners.

No great logic behind my opinion, it just seems very unlikely that most 'casual' owners (ie people not on here!) would have any interest in putting their machine(s) on there, or even be aware such a site existed?

Lots of pinball owners on pinballowners.com have not been active/updated for years..

Was looking to contact a few regarding machines that maybe for sale.. but when looking at last update/visit.. many years..

How much do you think these two main Pinball websites are representative of Pinball in the UK, I'd hazard a guess at just 50%?

How much do you think these two main Pinball websites are representative of Pinball in the UK, I'd hazard a guess at just 50%?

I’d guess at a lot less than that, I’ve been on here for only 3 years, but had pinball machines for 8 years before that, before I stumbled across this great website in a google search.

The total number of machines, need a crystal ball 🔮

Chris.

Not certain how reliable pinballowners is as a guide. Just checked and according to it I’ve got 10 games (even my wife knows that’s not true).

I really need to nuke that account as it’s woefully out of date. I don’t think it actually does anything apart from attract dealers looking to source machines to flip.

An interesting spin on the above question would be what percentage of all pinball machines in the UK are owned by us (forum members)?

Back
Top Bottom