What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many games does your other half think you have?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Just had our bi monthly "your machines take up so much room conversation".

Luckily my wife is pretty good about the games, doesn't hate them just has no interest and wants the space to be turned into a living room etc.

Anyway as part of the conversation I asked how many games she thought we owned. She came up 4 short (To my shame I discovered I had also under estimated by one when I counted up later)

Thought I'd push it a bit further and asked if she could name any of them. She managed to come up with about 4 titles and then muttered some generic themes that may or may not still be here.

Is this normal? Considering how big the bloody things are I don't understand how you can't have a better idea of how many are sitting in the house or what the names are. Is it actually possible to just over look them if you live with a pinhead?

My wife would say that each pin's arrival and departure are etched in her memory. That's because she has to help us manhandle them up and down the stairs to the game room/cellar. Mostly she comes out of these pin moves unscathed. Not so when she had to help me unload a five seater Wicksteed playground rocking horse I bought one day. Doing that she broke two fingers...and this was a fortnight before she was booked to play the piano for the Bakewell panto.

My ex missus went along with my lies that I had five as she knew I had more, she thought I got up to 10 at one point but I assured her I maxed out at 8.

In fact I maxed out at 25 three months ago, but have been on a selling spree and am now down to 13, soon stopping at 12.

Dan, how the **** did you hide 20 games?!?:hmm:

All mine are in plain sight but I guess she just doesn't want to acknowledge their existence.

My wife has no idea how many I have - even though they are all in the house!

She could probably only name one - AFM.

She would like them all gone tomorrow! Not - going - to - happen.....

I told her someone just won $15000 at a pinball tournament . Might make her think twice.

Unless anyone tells her how crap I am:D

Wifey thinks I own 2, actually own 4, the errant two are long term loaners...ahem....trying to get a fifth by ousting her dead mothers piano nearer to a skip on the driveway which would give me space for another two....unfortunately that's working out harder than anticipated...

I'm out my league with that. Just getting the dam thing into a loft is difficult!

My wife has full disclosure. No secrets.

My sincerest possible advice to absolutely everyone - Do not get married. If you are mad enough to get married, marry someone with no interest in money or material possessions.

My wife sees pinball as an innocent distraction. She hates playing pinball. She would rather stick 1,000 needles in her eyes than go to a pinball event. But she is happy to host the league here. She likes the pinball crowd. She likes geeks. She sees it as pretty safe and trivial compared to the common male pursuits of drugs, hookers, affairs, strippers, motorbikes, expensive cars, fighting, politics .....

She is all right my missus.

Last edited:
My wife is great on this score. But am aware that more pinballs = more horsey stuff. We don't ask or go into detail into our hobbies. Currently just got a horsebox and a suitable SUV to drive it, so I'm winning, at least until Dialed In arrives or I try and house 3 at home.

My sincerest possible advice to absolutely everyone - Do not get married.

I've never understood marriage. Like what is actually the appeal of legally binding yourself to another person? Can't people just agree to be together without all that hassle?

Mate of mine was celebrating his 5 year anniversay the other day. He was with his lass 7 years before they tied the knot, and I asked him "is your life together any different now to what it was pre-marriage"? His answer was "actually no".

Depending on which statistics you read, the divorce rate appears to be anything from 42% to 59% these days. With odds like that, I'd rather just be happy with my partner and we can go spend the thousands we saved by not getting married on things like nice holidays.... or more pinballs! :D

Back
Top Bottom