What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you set up a coin mech?

RudeDogg1

Registered
Right guys I'm hoping to bring my pin to work to have a high score comp (basically leave it in the canteen for 2 months). And whoever gets the highest score on the machine wins £10 and the rest goes to cancer research uk.
Now it has a coin mech no idea if it works or how you set it up so any help would be grateful. I wanna set it up for 50p for 3 balls my logic being the laymen's will think £1 will be to much but at 50p they will prob put more in. Also is there a way to turn off multiplayer so they don't accidentally start multiple games

Not sure what game you are talking about here and I think different makes have different setups.

Personally I would set it up to accept £1 coins only. Very easy to count after! It's for charity so I would leave a £1 a go but if you are feeling generous, just change it to 2 go's for a £1.

Do you have the manual - it will be in there.

Hello, Rudi,

If this is your Dracula, obviously set Free Play to 'No'. Establish which coin is on which channel by going into switch edges and inserting coins. Unless it's one of my works' old ones, a £1 coin will probably be 'Left Chute, D1', with 50 pence Centre/D2, 20 pence Right/D3 and 10 pence 4th/D4. If that's the case, then go to pricing adjustments, and set the scheme to 'Custom'.

Then;

For a 'flat' 50 pence 1 play, set the value of left coin as 10 units, centre as 5, right as 2 and 4th as 1. Then set Units/Credit as 5 - each total of 50 pence inserted, in any combination, should post 1 credit.

If you want 50 pence 1 play/£1 3 plays, also set Units/Bonus to 10 and Bonus Credits to 1, otherwise leave them as 0.

I don't think there is a way of limiting the machine to single player games.

While you're in the pricing adjustments, make sure that 'Coin Meter Units', if it's shown, is 'Off'. If it's anything else, the knocker won't work for replay awards, but may sound when coins are inserted.

Last edited:
BALLY/WILLIAMS GAMES

Select “Custom” pricing from the GAME PRICING MENU. Set as follows…

LEFT UNITS (£1) – 10 units
CENTRE UNITS (50p) – 5 units
RIGHT UNITS (20p) – 2 units
4th SLOT UNITS (10p) – 1 unit

Various price of play set as follows..

50p = 1 credit, £1 = 3 credits.

Units credit = 5 units
Units bonus = 10 units
Bonus credits = 1

£1 = 1 credit/ £2 = 3 credits

Units credit = 10 units
Units bonus = 20 units
Bonus credits = 1

There is a function 'Maximum Credits' (before a specific free play adjustment existed on Williams games, it was set to 00 to allow free play), but it may only apply to replay awards, specials, high score, match, etc, and not inserting coins, since there isn't a coin lockout to disable the acceptor. And then the pricing would pretty much have to be £1 1 play.

Update - Wpc games do apply Maximum Credits to purchases as well as rewards

It is still possible to have a multi-player game, though, even with M/Credits as 1. But it would have to deliberate, rather than accidental.

Last edited:
Re. not having one person starting a multi-player game; Maybe a notice stating 'only press the start button once during each game, which consists of at least three balls. pressing the start button again will either add another player, or end the present game and start another' could help newcomers to avoid this problem

If you'd like to be able to show the total of coins inserted, then a 'custom door' could be specified as well. Assuming a standard u.k. configuration, Left coin would be 1.00, Centre 0.50, Right 0.20, 4th 0.10, with AIR 'base unit' 0.10 and collection text '£0.00'. The utility function 'clear coins' could be used once the machine's in place, so that the total would be for its stay in the canteen.

Last edited:
The new pound coin is out in 19 days too....

Perhaps just a charity/honesty box next to the machine may be simpler :)

Useful thread.

I'm going to be taking my Star Trek: TNG into the office also and I'd like to enable the coin mech.

This one came in via Germany and has good old deutsche-marks in three coin slots.

I'd like to get it to take the old and new pound coins - do I need new coin mechs? If so which ones to get?

Cheers,
Neil.

Do most uk games have 3 slots?
all the Irish games just have one and an electronic coin mech.
The one slot coin doors look poxy.
much rather the 2/3 slot ones.

UK seems to be mostly one slot only, US/EU multiple slots.

Useful thread.

I'm going to be taking my Star Trek: TNG into the office also and I'd like to enable the coin mech.

This one came in via Germany and has good old deutsche-marks in three coin slots.

I'd like to get it to take the old and new pound coins - do I need new coin mechs? If so which ones to get?

Cheers,
Neil.

The Germans stayed with the old style 'S 10' mechanical acceptors longer than most European countries; the u.k spec went to an electronic acceptor on the final System 11 games. If you want this game to accept both old and new £1 coins, that'll tie up two of the slots, which may well need modification of the entry slots, and alteration of the 'trip wires' on the coin switches, in addition to u.k. coin acceptors.

So I've got it working £1 2
Games 50 1 my prob now is the 20p slot how do I get that to work properly at the mo it's giving a credit for every 20 inserted or should I just deactivate the 20 p one and it won't take the new 10p so I've turned that one off

The value assigned to the 20 pence channel (Right Coin?) could be the same as for the 50 pence channel ('Centre Coin'). If you prefer to have 20 pence coins rejected, one of the switches on the door interface board in the cabinet controls the enable/inhibit of the coin acceptors' 20 pence ability.

Well after it decided to reset when I moved it yesterday I had to set it up again. Now the £1 is giving 3 credits and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it to 2

Back
Top Bottom