What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How crapping heavy are these spunky craptards!

cooldan

i like pizza
I'm used to moving and setting them up by myself as I have a Jazz and a hydraulic trolley. But today I lugged into the house and forgot how impossibly heavy they are

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_17_9dea86e11bd7ac10e1cf9315b66156ac.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_17_578e56953292b4c76dc14b1bdbb113ae.jpg

Someone give me some tips as I think my gut just popped out through my belly button and out my anus and into my ballbag all at the same time doing dead lifts. No telephone directories these days and a chair is too short.

And no clever "simply make or get or buy one of these" posts as I'm too knackered to find them amusing. What am I gonna ****ing use to get this **** up on its front ****ing legs?

Try lifting a Judge Dredd or a BSD, for some reason those games are incredibly heavy!

@I TiltAlot has an interesting method of putting both legs down on the floor next to him ready with the bolts through the holes, lifts the game up and then with 1 arm on the game still and the game sort of balanced on his knees/torso leans down and picks up a leg, puts the bolts in and then does the same with the other leg. I can't do that as I haven't got the strength but you could try it.

I pick up the back, bend my knees slightly, and let the back of the machine rest on my thighs (hurts a bit) but it allows me to grab a leg and fit it quite easily.

Data easts are a piece of **** to lift but I struggle with wpc95, its usually a deep breath followed by telling Gillian to get the ******* stick under before I drop it.

Use one if the back legs as a prop in the middle underside at the back. Make sure it's all balanced before you let go. Then fit one back leg, lower to the ground, and fit the fourth leg. On laminate the front legs may slide easily. Use rubber cups under the front feet or similar to prevent sliding.

Even better, get one of these.

s7.postimg.org_gt3jv3f3v_Wood.jpg

Lift and wedge under in the middle and the weight of the cab keeps it balanced well enough to get both back legs on.

That looks like my old TSPP with the scratched back and the new side rails :cool:

I remember lifting a STTNG without a sack Barrow into my last place with the help of two others . It almost crippled us! :eek:

Come on Dan you Wuss..... Man up and get it done ;)

Agreed. Putting up a regular pin on yr own is meat and potatoes stuff dude. Don't make me send you back thru basic training *again*. Shape up soldier or ship out.

Widebodies are another matter - can be done on yr own, but I always fear for my life :eek:

Bit late now, but I operate as follows

Put table on back with backbox strapped down.

Fit front legs and tighten.

Tilt machine down until resting on front legs.

Go to back end and lift up, place a calor gas cylinder (type with collar is best) under back

Fit back legs and tighten up.

Lift back end and remove gas cylinder

Sorted...

Agreed. Putting up a regular pin on yr own is meat and potatoes stuff dude. Don't make me send you back thru basic training *again*. Shape up soldier or ship out.

Widebodies are another matter - can be done on yr own, but I always fear for my life :eek:[/QUOTE

I agree re wide bodies, I thought it was just pansy talk until I got tz

Lift to knees in a squat position and rest table on knees make sure legs and bolts are within reaching distance job done.

I was going to say WOZ too. That thing is built like a feckin' tank. Easily outweighs all other pins I've shifted. Award for most arduous manoeuvre goes to TOM that I helped carry up two sets of double-back stairs to a third-floor room. For a standard size pin TOM is really heavy.

But that aside, what a bunch of moaning sissies! Try lugging around some real pinballs from the 70s! Made out of really thick ply with man-size transformers and real glass backglasses - none of this pansy plastic translite nonsense. I managed to get my super-size widebody Paragon off its **** and onto legs on my own ;)

ST:TNG for "Most groin-rupturingly-heavy machine" award IMO.

Ask anyone who has moved my fully assembled HHouse

three playfields,6 flipper mechs,and the usual we could use 24 gauge wire but better use size 18,thicker metal etc Gottlieb mentality!!

Ask anyone who has moved my fully assembled HHouse

three playfields,6 flipper mechs,and the usual we could use 24 gauge wire but better use size 18,thicker metal etc Gottlieb mentality!!

Elektra was no lightweight, either, for the first two reasons above.

Back
Top Bottom