What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston, we have a problem.

Mozcom

Registered
Square peg, round hole? Not quite.

So I received my package and installed the new balls and Flipper rubbers Saturday and had a few games. All was well apart from a few times recently the game would reboot itself during a game and whilst just on and nobody touching it. Sunday went to switch on and only got the lower GI lamps on.
After further investigation found this
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_b1adac3643eb9057933d1ca7ffc14cfa.jpg
And this
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_68adc6569ed150479ca3bae3be0200a6.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_a1c320318021b42090d728ddb5185b72.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_9b692a66565e9a1d6e289e6127a1e304.jpg

Now I don't mind de-soldering lamp holders and the like but PCB work I'm not really confident enough

HELLLLPPPP please.

Thanks in advance

Bit of a bodge but looks like that has been repaired, also I doubt that's your reset problem, I would try re seating the connectors on the transformer first

Ronnie

what game is it? what you're showing us there is some 'fixed' transistors, to control switches and lamps and flashers and coils and stuff.
what you're probably gonna need to do is try and see whether the CPU board is getting the 5V it needs.
first off you will need to try reseating, then replacing, the main connector from power supply to CPU

Sorry @cooldan. Thought the title would give it away. Apollo13. Will do some investigation work asap and as Spandangler say's, send it away. Thanks

3rd picture down, that wire is way too thin for that size of trace. Worth putting a meter over it to see if you get continuity as that might be a problem or just replace it anyway... :rolleyes:

Oh and transistors are unlikely to cause resets, what state are the tracks around the battery like...??? o_O

As Dan says, If you haven't already, try firmly reseating power/ data connections.

If you've been doing anything at all in the backbox its always worth a try in case something's come loose. If nothing else it's minimal time to implement and test.

Well finally got the time to look at this after working 20 days straight. A local contact repaired the bad track as I'm not confident enough yet with soldering PCB's, installed and and found this
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160208_9d5d11a731193ea9456e8852145b50ba.jpg

Need to fix proper but all is working, had a few games and all's seem's well (touch wood)

Now that I have a working pin, I can concentrate on other things.......EWF project maybe.?

Thanks @lukewells for the info and offer anyway.![emoji6] At least you've still got +hours to play Pinball and not loose any sleep[emoji42]

Back
Top Bottom