What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Housekeeping

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

In an effort to keep things fresh on the forum i am looking at removing any members that havent visited in the last 5 years that ALSO have no posts (Therefore are definately not an active part of the community!).
This would remove approx 700 completely inactive users from the Database.

I am 99.9% sure this will not affect anyone who uses or has used the forum on even a semi-regular basis - All i would say is that if it does affect you then please re-register and be active.

Also, please could all members ensure that your email address is correct - We send over 2k emails daily with thread updates and notifications - If any emails are found to bounce then i will be pushing those accounts back to "need email verification" stage... which will make sure that people refresh their email addresses before they can access the forum.

If you need to change your email on here, please go here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/account/account-details

If you have posted in the last 5 years, and your email is up to date... then nothing to fear! :)

Thanks
Paul

I got the message about emails yesterday - the old yahoo email address I had registered back in 2011 had deactivated itself due to lack of use. So I changed it to my current email address, and then started receiving the odd new post notification, even though email notifications are turned off in my settings Meh. I resuscitated the old yahoo account and changed it back, so the junk notifications go there instead.

I got the message about emails yesterday - the old yahoo email address I had registered back in 2011 had deactivated itself due to lack of use. So I changed it to my current email address, and then started receiving the odd new post notification, even though email notifications are turned off in my settings Meh. I resuscitated the old yahoo account and changed it back, so the junk notifications go there instead.
Every single email type can be stopped by clicking on the options at the bottom... that way you can leave it on a real email address and receive what you want and not all the dross :)

Hi @Paul ,

In the last couple of weeks there's been a software change that makes posting with andriod mobiles very difficult and PM almost impossible. It inserts lots of spaces or line returns at random when you're composing a message. Any chance of seeing if it can get sorted...???

Reactions: JT.
Hi @Paul ,

In the last couple of weeks there's been a software change that makes posting with andriod mobiles very difficult and PM almost impossible. It inserts lots of spaces or line returns at random when you're composing a message. Any chance of seeing if it can get sorted...???
Exactly what I've been experiencing - makes it virtually impossible to use my phone for anything other than viewing content, rather than responding

Hi @Paul ,

I noticed this too, particularly when quoting another post - it adds in about 20 line returns, and keeps adding more in if you try and delete them. It also messes up the quoting, adding your message into what has been quoted. I gave up using Android, it was unusable.

Just to add it has been like this since changing to my Samsung S22 in November.

Could someone take a screenshot please so i can see the issue?? ~ @Wayne J @JT.

Might be after a little assistance to understand if it's the forum or the skin over the top... anyhow, lets see it first :)

Also - is it the same with the phone rotated in Landscape????

There's not a great deal to see, it just inserts multiple blank rows, where you've added a single line. As you try and delete it it adds more and jumps the cursor around.

It's done It while trying to type this.

There are about 50 blank rows in this post below last sentence, which at least when posted they don't appear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_153251_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_153251_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 22
Trying to type in landscape the banner and keyboard cover what you're typing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_153433_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_153433_Samsung Internet.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
A bit more info - it isn't a problem in the Duck Duck Go browser on Android. It is a problem on the Samsung Internet browser though. Not sure about other browsers. I'm on an S21.

A bit more info - it isn't a problem in the Duck Duck Go browser on Android. It is a problem on the Samsung Internet browser though. Not sure about other browsers. I'm on an S21.
@Paul Just checked and I can't recreate it in Chrome either, so only an issue for me in the Samsung Internet browser.

Brave's OK, too, but I think that's Chrome based, so that could be OK too.

Just a quick update on recent goings on.

1. Changed Tag on any Sales items marked with "for sale" in both Machines and Parts categories from "for Sale" to "Expired" for anything that hasnt had a post in it for 6 months.
2. Any Members who havent visited for 5 years, and have 0 posts have been deleted.

Still waiting for a software update (To fix a bug) before i can complete the work on a couple of projects... hoping it will come soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom