What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale HomePin Products

Sorry I'm late to this thread, I must have missed the notifications.

I must clear some of this stuff up though, because the first line of your post is laughable. The insertion of words like 'Possibly' and "assuming your comment is correct" is an awfully transparent attempt at trying to mitigate some quite sh1tty comments.

Firstly, Pinball Heaven are my channel sponsors and give me access to a lot of machines. Of course I'm going to direct people to PH to buy their new games . . . . that's how sponsorship works right?

@philpalmer has NEVER told me to be biased to any particular machine. NEVER. I call machines as I see them, and I can be very critical of Stern games which PH stock and sell. I was quite savage about Pinball Brothers Queen machine whilst recording a video at Pinball Heaven HQ.

I frequently play and film other games including your own Thunderbirds. That game sits at the very bottom of the pile on Pinside, yet I reviewed it and thought I did so fairly despite it breaking down during filming. My conclusion was . . . . the game was far better than Pinside would have people believe.

I also intended on filming Spinal Tap and P3 Multimorphic at Pinfest, neither of which are stocked by Pinball Heaven. We've even had Jerry from Multimorphic on the podcast.

As for me 'getting in touch'. We've already done that mate, have a search on your DM's. I tried to get you a chinwag, but you were frequently busy and overseas. When we did make some progress you were reluctant to use headphones for the recording . . . . in short it was hard work.

Your distributor Dave is a nice guy who has always been very friendly towards me. I was actually looking forward to playing the game as the theme appeals to me.

I'm more than happy to feature Spinal Tap on the channel, and in the interest of fairness (and whatever perceived theories you were blabbering on about), I'll just film others playing it and and we'll harvest their opinions rather than my own.

Can't say fairer than that.
More than happy to play it at pinfest and give you my opinion Kris. Just give me a shout 👍🏻

Perfect mate . . .sounds like a plan. Thank you
I love pinball and Spinal Tap is my favourite comedy movie - so I’m not really the target market - but am also happy to give a post-Pinfest opinion 👍

Last edited:
meeDBTH.gif

Sorry I'm late to this thread, I must have missed the notifications.

I must clear some of this stuff up though, because the first line of your post is laughable. The insertion of words like 'Possibly' and "assuming your comment is correct" is an awfully transparent attempt at trying to mitigate some quite sh1tty comments.

Firstly, Pinball Heaven are my channel sponsors and give me access to a lot of machines. Of course I'm going to direct people to PH to buy their new games . . . . that's how sponsorship works right?

@philpalmer has NEVER told me to be biased to any particular machine. NEVER. I call machines as I see them, and I can be very critical of Stern games which PH stock and sell. I was quite savage about Pinball Brothers Queen machine whilst recording a video at Pinball Heaven HQ.

I frequently play and film other games including your own Thunderbirds. That game sits at the very bottom of the pile on Pinside, yet I reviewed it and thought I did so fairly despite it breaking down during filming. My conclusion was . . . . the game was far better than Pinside would have people believe.

I also intended on filming Spinal Tap and P3 Multimorphic at Pinfest, neither of which are stocked by Pinball Heaven. We've even had Jerry from Multimorphic on the podcast.

As for me 'getting in touch'. We've already done that mate, have a search on your DM's. I tried to get you a chinwag, but you were frequently busy and overseas. When we did make some progress you were reluctant to use headphones for the recording . . . . in short it was hard work.

Your distributor Dave is a nice guy who has always been very friendly towards me. I was actually looking forward to playing the game as the theme appeals to me.

I'm more than happy to feature Spinal Tap on the channel, and in the interest of fairness (and whatever perceived theories you were blabbering on about), I'll just film others playing it and and we'll harvest their opinions rather than my own.

Can't say fairer than that.

OwnedPin

I think he was making a joke, Mike (homepin owner)had said that pinball enthusiasts where not his target market (I assume he meant he was after the more casual Players)
Indeed. That was a very entertaining interview.
I’m still looking forward to playing the thing 👍

Great promotion campaign thread.

Dig a hole.
Defecate in it.
Sit in the hole in a mess of your own making.

I hope his pins are better than his idea of promoting them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think he was making a joke, Mike (homepin owner)had said that pinball enthusiasts where not his target market (I assume he meant he was after the more casual Players)
Surely anyone who owns a pin is a pinball enthusiast, no casual player is going to spend the type of money a pin costs, unless it's a footballer and I doubt there be interested in spinal tap 🙄, despite it cult status it's still incredibly niche, the film is an acquired taste and generally only heard of by people of a certain age, good business would go after all interested customers especially in a very small market place which pinball is, rather than trying to alienate (from what I've read directly) 🙂. Seems a strange business plan to me, I'm the right age and absolutely hate spinal tap, so would never be interested in a spinal tap pin unless it played absolutely amazing . Be interested to hear from you how it actually plays😜 see if it opens my wallet, however very unlikely 🙄

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom