What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home bars?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Anyone have a home bar? looking for ideas, really fancy a proper lager keg with pumps etc, pictures would be good.

Cheers Ronnie

I have a True which is made in the USA and the best one out there, commercial quality.
Had it about 3 years now, only problem is once you have had draught quality lager at home it’s hard to enjoy a can or bottle.
Has a small co2 bottle which will do about 6 x 88 pint kegs and regulator inside.

Attachments

• 23D2B858-7C07-4C90-BB51-8CDA45CF0D10.jpeg
    23D2B858-7C07-4C90-BB51-8CDA45CF0D10.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56
  • F764AFE9-C99E-43E6-A923-6A0DC3F27983.jpeg
    F764AFE9-C99E-43E6-A923-6A0DC3F27983.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 54
  • E825E9AE-6EE2-485F-9EB7-B2E007B0D937.jpeg
    E825E9AE-6EE2-485F-9EB7-B2E007B0D937.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 51
I have never had a home pump. I help run a village hall and do understand the glamour of the pump, but you are making a lot of work for yourself. Sourcing barrels. Chiller. Pipework. How long does the barrel last .... ?

We have ditched the barrel in our village hall.

I would concede defeat in a home environment too. Stick to bottles. Put a glass fronted bar fridge (numerous sizes available) where the barrel and equipment would have gone. Fill with a wide range or beers. I think that most of your mates would enjoy a beer tasting session more than 8 pints of the same

I have a True which is made in the USA and the best one out there, commercial quality.
Had it about 3 years now, only problem is once you have had draught quality lager at home it’s hard to enjoy a can or bottle.
Has a small co2 bottle which will do about 6 x 88 pint kegs and regulator inside.

That looks neat, I have some contacts in the pub scene so should be able to get the parts cheap! Even priced a keg @ £100 I wonder how long it would keep once popped?

Cheers Ronnie

Keg in mine once tapped into will last minimum of 4 weeks as it’s kept chilled at about 3c, if its not chilled and using an inline chiller about a week I think.

I have never had a home pump. I help run a village hall and do understand the glamour of the pump, but you are making a lot of work for yourself. Sourcing barrels. Chiller. Pipework. How long does the barrel last .... ?

We have ditched the barrel in our village hall.

I would concede defeat in a home environment too. Stick to bottles. Put a glass fronted bar fridge (numerous sizes available) where the barrel and equipment would have gone. Fill with a wide range or beers. I think that most of your mates would enjoy a beer tasting session more than 8 pints of the same
With what I have you are wrong, it’s a piece of **** to keep clean, kegs come from my local cash and carry and gas is easy to replace.
Kegs will last 4 to 6weeks once opened in this system, be lucky to last 2 weeks though here😂

Keg in mine once tapped into will last minimum of 4 weeks as it’s kept chilled at about 3c, if its not chilled and using an inline chiller about a week I think.

A week! god that won't work! At most I would be 8 pints a week, Only seen one true chiller on the bay £800

Hi Ronnie
I had a bar set up in my games room when I first built it full set up with fonts the lot,barrel was outside in a housing I built with pipes running into the games room it lasted about 5 months and ripped it out.
In my case when I had friends round for a night I would go and buy a barrel think it was about £68 back then they would start off pouring there own pints thinking it's great wanting their pictures taken then the novelty wears off and their back on the bottles and spirits,barrel gets wasted and half of it thrown out as its lay to long I know hard to believe in Scotland must be a first.
If I was to do it again I would build the bar have two under counter fridges one for loads of different types of beer and one to keep the pint glasses chilled.
If I really wanted to pour a pint I would buy one of the Philips perfect pint machine or one of the Krupps subs machine,I know it works out a bit expensive for a pint with them but at least you won't be wasting anything

Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian, seems daft now lol. Good to know your experience, will need to re think it, you get smaller kegs but only in the high priced ales etc

Cheers Ronnie

Mate of mine has this

6L 'kegs' table top. Keg sits on a small chiller plate and pours from a wide range of beers delivered to his door. I've been meaning to check it out and this thread has revived my intentions to get one. For a bigger party I'll just keep more small kegs in the fridge, 10 seconds to swap them over and no wastage.

Mate of mine has this

[/URL]

6L 'kegs' table top. Keg sits on a small chiller plate and pours from a wide range of beers delivered to his door. I've been meaning to check it out and this thread has revived my intentions to get one. For a bigger party I'll just keep more small kegs in the fridge, 10 seconds to swap them over and no wastage.

That looks a good option, much cheaper here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-...34ac9ec:g:R1cAAOSwgnJcM5OZ&LH_ItemCondition=3

Ebay item no 264570505496 complete home bar system for £250 + postage !
We’ve dealt with him before & there’s been no problems. He has loads of other bar taps coolers etc !
A keg of tenants lager holds 88 pints 🍺 & probably has a 2 month use by date but realistically would last at least 6 months, cider you would probably get a year & Guinness wouldn’t be long past it’s use by date !
If the pipe work is very short you would probably get away without cleaning it until the keg is done saving you wasting beer !
When the kegs finished run water through the pipe & leave it in until you need it again & you won’t have to use cleaning fluid !
I hope that helps ?

Attachments

• C3565C1B-1659-451E-93FA-F10E5E3170AE.png
    C3565C1B-1659-451E-93FA-F10E5E3170AE.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
Ebay item no 264570505496 complete home bar system for £250 + postage !
We’ve dealt with him before & there’s been no problems. He has loads of other bar taps coolers etc !
A keg of tenants lager holds 88 pints 🍺 & probably has a 2 month use by date but realistically would last at least 6 months, cider you would probably get a year & Guinness wouldn’t be long past it’s use by date !
If the pipe work is very short you would probably get away without cleaning it until the keg is done saving you wasting beer !
When the kegs finished run water through the pipe & leave it in until you need it again & you won’t have to use cleaning fluid !
I hope that helps ?

Thanks for the info, I went for the perfect draft in the end for fear of throwing kegs of lager away! Fairly expensive option probably £20 for 6 liters of lager

Back
Top Bottom