What's new

Hobbit upgrade kit - troll ball hangups & mylar & wax

System11

Registered
Has anyone here fitted the kit that stops balls getting trapped in the troll mechs on Hobbit?

I'm finally going to fit them to mine - basically I bought it 7 years ago or whenever it came out, and it arrived with some issues, JJP sent the parts over and .... It's been in the lounge ever since like a giant ornament, it has 3 games on it. I suppose it takes HUO to a new level.

Anyway, the instructions state you remove the mechs which looks like a lot of "fun", and then fit the plastic blockers with #8 screws - but there are no pilot holes for these. Is this going to run the risk of splitting the wood? The alternative is trying to accurately drill some shallow holes without going straight through to the other side, which would be just as bad.

Second question for any owner - do you have mylar protection at the front and rear of the flaps? Mine was missing rear from the factory (main reason I never used it as the flaps will quickly dig into the art closing), I have them here but they seem to be 'sided' - there's a slightly longer hook on the right side on 2 of them, and the left side on the other 2. I don't know which is left and which is right as they're not labelled and I've been unable to find pictures of one that help.

Is it still considered ok to use guitar paste waxes?

Back
Top Bottom