What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbit shipping

Looking forward to play one based on this....

Just checking in this thread as I'm busy working a day job and cleaning the building and setting up for the weekend. Pics and video ? There are tons of pics and video posted in threads of expo , etc .

There will be a guy here this weekend setting up a video capture I'm sure he will post.

It was nice getting some quiet time on it to get a better feel. Played a few games with my sons , 18 and 21. Everyone is overwhelmed and very impressed.

JJP fanboy ?!?! I'm a fanboy if all pinball and all makes. I love Stern, Gottlieb, WMS etc. they all make good games. I worked with Ford Motor Co for. 18 years with a few in the service dept as manager. It was frowned upon to speak negatively about competition, it's not professional. The customer base can do that and make their voice heard. I have opinions sure.

Based on the games I've played with Hobbit it's by far an away breathtaking. I'm a music nut and love all types of music, have all my life as well as hi-fi tech and regularly going to live shows.

The sounds and music in Hobbit are spectacular and I can confidently say NO game has come close to date of the quality of this sound package. My god it's orgasmic. The effects and stereo sound seperation are amazing. David Thiel is a genius.

Art, detail and overall presentation are so crisp and sharp.

They have addressed all the customer feedback and the lighting is bright. The light boards and way it's run is all new. No more daisy chain stuff.

Code that's in this as is now feel complete, amazing . 4 selectable skill shots !!!!!

2 ball beast mode, the mode where you get the 4 pop ups going is an adrenaline rush !

This game is a home run !!
It's going to sell lots of units.

I have to get back to cleaning for the party, I'll check in later.

I'll try to get a few pics or vid, but haven't we seen pics all over the net already and from expo 2 months ago ?

Look like the Hobbit is shipping for real now in the US, would guess it will only be a few months now before we get them here?

Who's bailed or still in?

I almost bailed, went slowly from excited to fed up with it, and then slowly back up to excited again :).

Look like the Hobbit is shipping for real now in the US, would guess it will only be a few months now before we get them here?

Who's bailed or still in?

I almost bailed, went slowly from excited to fed up with it, and then slowly back up to excited again :).
I'm not surprised you lost interest. Two generations of elves have come and gone while this has been in development.

From my experience of Woz you're better off waiting a few months and get a later model once all the issues have been fixed

Looks a good game though

I'm still in and IMO it's looking awesome, also the sound system music and movie assets I think will make this game uber immersive...

Glad I'm getting one, but will not expect here until Spring 2017!

I reckon we'll finally get it this summer.

Who's going for Smaug edition? I did initially but switched back to LE think it looks better.

Hmm, I'm doubtful we will see them in the Summer, how long did it take them to get the WOZ's all out? How long did it take PPS/Stern to get our MMRr's to the UK?

I got a pretty early WOZ as it was not an LE just the standard so I guess they took the money and pumped one out, I regret getting an early one due to issues, and certainly do not want an early Hobbit....

I'm still in and IMO it's looking awesome, also the sound system music and movie assets I think will make this game uber immersive...

Glad I'm getting one, but will not expect here until Spring 2017!
I suspect that will make x3 Hobbitses within a radius of just a few miles then!

I guess anyone over here is buying through a distributor so protected, but I still wouldn't be sending any money to JJP up front. Too many warning signs that all is not right with them imo.

I guess anyone over here is buying through a distributor so protected, but I still wouldn't be sending any money to JJP up front. Too many warning signs that all is not right with them imo.
It would be a shame if they pack it in before the Pat Lawlor pin gets made.

I do think they push too far for perfection though. It's an admirable philosophy but not great from the business side.

It's amazing when you think back to how many games Williams/Bally used to release in a year.

It would be a shame if they pack it in before the Pat Lawlor pin gets made.

I do think they push too far for perfection though. It's an admirable philosophy but not great from the business side.

It's amazing when you think back to how many games Williams/Bally used to release in a year.

I really do hope they do well, but I just don't get the impression that's how it's going to turn out. Time will tell, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Hmm, I'm doubtful we will see them in the Summer, how long did it take them to get the WOZ's all out? How long did it take PPS/Stern to get our MMRr's to the UK?

I got a pretty early WOZ as it was not an LE just the standard so I guess they took the money and pumped one out, I regret getting an early one due to issues, and certainly do not want an early Hobbit....

Depends how early your order is. One continental distributor is supposed to be getting a large lot of stock the week after next. UK's a smaller market, but I imagine if you placed your order early you'll have it way before summer. But I think all the early ones being built are Smaug and Smaug Gold.

Back
Top Bottom